Flying the Air Tanzania A220-300 for 24 Hours straight in pictures

As you might have seen, I flew the Air Tanzania A220-300 for 24 Hours straight to celebrate the arrival of the A220 and to discover Southeast Africa. My journey consisted of a total of 15 flights to a variety of destinations and countries, ranging from Dar Es Salaam to Zanzibar.

Routing:
Dar Es Salaam (HTDA) ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ฟ to Harare (FVRG) ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ผ to Lusaka (FLKK) ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฒ to Dar Es Salaam (HTDA) ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ฟ to Ndola (FLND) ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฒ to Lubumbashi (FZQA) ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฉ to Dar Es Salaam (HTDA) ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ฟ to Moroni (FMCH) to Dar Es Salaam (HTDA) ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ฟ to Mwanza (HTMW) ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ฟ to Kilimanjaro (HTKJ) ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ฟ to Entebbe (HUEN) ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฌ to Kilimanjaro (HTKJ) ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ฟ to Zanzibar (HTZA) ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ฟ to Dar Es Salaam (HTDA) ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ฟ to Nairobi (HKJK) ๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ช

Total Flight Time:
20 Hours plus 5 Hours of Breaks and Turnarounds

Server: Expert Server

Aircraft: Air Tanzania A220-300

Now that I am done, here are some pictures I have taken afterward. It was kind of hard to look through all the material and find the best scenery, but I tried to at least incorporate a few of the places I actively recall:

1. After such a long flight, I simply have to include a picture of the very first takeoff at roughly 1105Z on Friday:

1. First, I flew to Harare (FVRG) as my first flight, and stumbled over quite some beautiful spots:

1. After continuing on to Lusaka as a part of the triangle route, I then flew back from Lusaka (FLKK) to Dar Es Salaam (HTDA) and once again found some cool spots:

1. Next up was my flight to Moroni (FMCH), where I got accompanied by @Robin3 and @ILOVE7879-2.0. As we were crossing over Mafia Island, I took a cool picture:

1. After basically the same flight but in reverse to fly back to Dar Es Salaam (HTDA), I then started my first domestic Tanzanian flight to Mwanza (HTMW), which marked the beginning of a series of flights away from ATโ€™s HUB Dar Es Salaam (HTDA):

This flight was at roughly 4 am in the morning for me, and it represented the time of my biggest struggle to carry on because my eyes barely stayed open.

1. Then I flew to Kilimanjaro Airport (HTKJ) which was my base for my flights to and from Entebbe (HUEN), Uganda. The flight from Kilimanjaro (HTKJ) to Uganda (HUEN) brought me the closest to giving up because my app crashed twice on the ground when preparing my flight, but I decided to continue anyway:

Yeah, thatโ€™s it. I canโ€™t show a picture of every flight, but those were some pictures I at least found quite beautiful, and I would recommend everybody to discover Africa where youโ€™ll find the best mixture of different landscapes as close together as it gets. In total, my adventure took me 25 hours.

37 Likes

Nice pictures! The a220 is so easy to butter.

3 Likes

Wonderful picture mate, congrats on finishing it!

1 Like

Nice! Which route was the best? Iโ€™ll give it a go โœˆ๏ธ

3 Likes

I would recommend flying from Kilimanjaro to Zanzibar. The area around HTKJ is a mix of very dry plains and cool mountain ranges emerging from it all over the place, resulting in very cool scenery. The flight to Zanzibar is pretty short (40 Minutes to 1 Hour) but takes you over the east coast of Tanzania and finally to the beautiful island of Zanzibar.
Another worthy mention is Moroni. While the flight there is pretty boring because you only fly over water, the island and approach that is curved after the bays of the island, are absolutely stunning!
But, every flight is beautiful so you wonโ€™t regret taking any of these!

4 Likes

too bad I couldnยดt join you on this oneโ€ฆ

It is! It has the perfect balance of floatiness but settling to the ground, at least if you use the speeds from Tylerโ€™s tutorial! Itโ€™s great!

1 Like

Thank you so much! Now that itโ€™s over I am happy I did it!

1 Like

I thought of you when doing it, but maybe you can do it one day, too!

1 Like

@Ousmane_Ndiaye Since you shared us beautiful Air Tanzania pics on discord , I think you should see those as well !

Well done @MxP wow , Iโ€™m really impressed by the A220 beauty + the scenery ! ๐Ÿ”ฅ ๐Ÿ˜

Giraffe!!! ๐Ÿฆ’

1 Like

Do you have a Liveflight track of this adventure?

I canโ€™t even imagine how busy that screenshot would be!

I crashed once so sadly itโ€™s not one path, but yes I have screenshots:

2 Likes

Thatโ€™s awesome!

1 Like

I just wish it didnโ€™t crash ๐Ÿฅบ

1 Like

I only put myself through this for my favorite: ๐Ÿฆ’๐Ÿฆ’๐Ÿฆ’

1 Like

Lol giraffe forever!!!๐Ÿฆ’๐Ÿฆ’๐Ÿฆ’