As you might have seen, I flew the Air Tanzania A220-300 for 24 Hours straight to celebrate the arrival of the A220 and to discover Southeast Africa. My journey consisted of a total of 15 flights to a variety of destinations and countries, ranging from Dar Es Salaam to Zanzibar.
Dar Es Salaam (HTDA) 🇹🇿 to Harare (FVRG) 🇿🇼 to Lusaka (FLKK) 🇿🇲 to Dar Es Salaam (HTDA) 🇹🇿 to Ndola (FLND) 🇿🇲 to Lubumbashi (FZQA) 🇨🇩 to Dar Es Salaam (HTDA) 🇹🇿 to Moroni (FMCH) to Dar Es Salaam (HTDA) 🇹🇿 to Mwanza (HTMW) 🇹🇿 to Kilimanjaro (HTKJ) 🇹🇿 to Entebbe (HUEN) 🇺🇬 to Kilimanjaro (HTKJ) 🇹🇿 to Zanzibar (HTZA) 🇹🇿 to Dar Es Salaam (HTDA) 🇹🇿 to Nairobi (HKJK) 🇰🇪
Total Flight Time:
20 Hours plus 5 Hours of Breaks and Turnarounds
Server: Expert Server
Aircraft: Air Tanzania A220-300
Now that I am done, here are some pictures I have taken afterward. It was kind of hard to look through all the material and find the best scenery, but I tried to at least incorporate a few of the places I actively recall:
- After such a long flight, I simply have to include a picture of the very first takeoff at roughly 1105Z on Friday:
- First, I flew to Harare (FVRG) as my first flight, and stumbled over quite some beautiful spots:
- After continuing on to Lusaka as a part of the triangle route, I then flew back from Lusaka (FLKK) to Dar Es Salaam (HTDA) and once again found some cool spots:
- Next up was my flight to Moroni (FMCH), where I got accompanied by @Robin3 and @ILOVE7879-2.0. As we were crossing over Mafia Island, I took a cool picture:
- After basically the same flight but in reverse to fly back to Dar Es Salaam (HTDA), I then started my first domestic Tanzanian flight to Mwanza (HTMW), which marked the beginning of a series of flights away from AT’s HUB Dar Es Salaam (HTDA):
This flight was at roughly 4 am in the morning for me, and it represented the time of my biggest struggle to carry on because my eyes barely stayed open.
- Then I flew to Kilimanjaro Airport (HTKJ) which was my base for my flights to and from Entebbe (HUEN), Uganda. The flight from Kilimanjaro (HTKJ) to Uganda (HUEN) brought me the closest to giving up because my app crashed twice on the ground when preparing my flight, but I decided to continue anyway:
Yeah, that’s it. I can’t show a picture of every flight, but those were some pictures I at least found quite beautiful, and I would recommend everybody to discover Africa where you’ll find the best mixture of different landscapes as close together as it gets. In total, my adventure took me 25 hours.