Flying the 757 into the New Year!

Happy New Year fellow aviators, I hope everyone is safe and well. To kick this year off I decided to operate United Flight 756 with service to Tampa, Florida from Newark, New Jersey. This was the first flight I’ve had in a couple of years on IF where I thought about diverting to my alternate due to low visibility. Tampa was showing 1 mile with 200ft ceilings and my alternate MCO wasn’t much better. Nevertheless we greased it in Tampa with a final flight time of 2hrs17mins!

Flight Information
Call sign: “United 756”
Aircraft: Boeing 757-200(W)
Route: Newark, New Jersey (EWR) to Tampa, Florida (TPA)
Cruise Altitude: 34,000ft Mach .80
Block Fuel: 28,500lbs

ROUTE

ELVAE COL WHITE J209 SBY J79 KATZN ISO J121 BARTL JROSS Q409 PUPYY GEEYE JAYJA DADES8

Getting ready to board at Gate C80, Terminal C.

Launching off Runway 22R. Departed from intersection “whiskey”.

Spotted from my old stomping grounds of the infamous IKEA parking lot. Good memories spotting there, here we are turning to an initial 190° Heading.

Established in the cruise at FL340. Moderate Chop all the way down the East Coast.

About 1 Mile from the threshold. It was fun not being able to see the runway until short final, most of the time I’m lucky with good weather.

Absolutely greasing it on 19L. Flew the approach on Autopilot down to 100ft then took over manually, landing was -48fpm.

9 Likes