Flying Southwest Airlines for the First Time: What should I expect?

LAX to BWI is more of a five hour flight

2 Likes

Yes it is, it’s basically cross country.

A safe flight and nice crew serving you

1 Like

It’s a great time. Make sure to take pics!!! :)

2 Likes

Hearing about this makes me wish SouthWest was in UK ;)

2 Likes

Stroopwaffel > Belvita

2 Likes

Unsalted peanuts are better in my opinion.

2 Likes

🤣 I have no comment…

1 Like

That’s interesting, how can I make this happen?

Probably just ask them

If you ask the FA on the way out at the front, they will almost always let you say hi to the pilots.

3 Likes

Dude, you should have chosen United, cause I once got upgraded to Business, due to a Full Flight from New York (JFK)-Los Angeles (LAX).

As it says in your bio, you have a lot of frequent flier miles with Star Alliance. That is why you were upgraded. United is often much more expensive than Southwest and for families that want to save money, there is no good reason to choose United.

2 Likes

I got that before i had star gold.And you should book AEAP (as early as possible) to get cheap tickets.

Check in EARLY. 24 hours on the minute. If you miss it by 1 minute you WILL end up with a not so great boarding spot, I’ve had it happen. The plane will feel moderately tight, but otherwise your flight should be a good one.

1 Like

Youll arrive in the evening? BWI is a very nice airport. You should arrive at the A concourse. Southwest dominates it. Their service is amazing, you can chat with them during the flight and before. You get to know them on a personal level. Thats their goal. To get to know you. It spreads the “love” they share in their logo. I hope you enjoy yourself!

2 Likes

United was a little more pricey.

Southwest uses A, B, and rarely C concourses at BWI

2 Likes

Expect good service, (somewhat) enjoyable ife, can purchase full access for $8, no one dies, have fun on the luv jet!

1 Like

When was this flight? United doesn’t fly to JFK anymore

2 Likes