Flying overnight

Hi there, I am about to go to sleep, but I have put my phone upside down, on charge, and with auto-lock on never, I am flying from Johannesburg to Amsterdam in the KLM Orange Pride livery, I am cruising at FL360, at Mach 0.86, Should I be fine to leave my phone until tomorrow morning when I wake up? Or will I get ghosted?

8 Likes

You should be fine to fly

5 Likes

What does your ETA say?

As long as you arent lower by a towered airport so you should be fine. Make sure your cruising speed is correct and you have enough fuel or you will crash.

5 Likes

I’m having more fun island hopping around the Scottish Islands than setting up a flight then going to bed.

2 Likes

I have enough fuel for 15 Hours, My ete says 9:14. As I said, I am at 36000 Feet.

Im logging time for my VA

Go on casual server then you can’t be accused of violations

1 Like

@Cpt.TC I’m already 20 Minutes into my flight in TS1.

1 Like

Ok nice :) have an enjoyable flight!

@Cpt.TC More like have an enjoyable sleep, I’m flying from the biggest airport in my country.

1 Like

Tips for long flights:

• Reduce screen brightness to minimum.
  • Settings -> General -> Enable automatic low power.
26 Likes

I did 14 hours and it worked fine for me. My iPad didn’t get hot at all. And had more than enough fuel for the trip

2 Likes

I was flying from London to Los Angeles and when I woke up I was flying over Anchorage…

3 Likes

Use LNAV, it helps you get where you need to get

3 Likes

sometimes it glitches a little…
i was crossing the pacific and after 13 hours LNAV started to turn left while the aircraft continued on its path.

I think you mean ete

No, he means eta - estimated time of arrival

I did it that two nights ago, took off from Tokyo at 11pm and landed in Sydney at 8 am the next morning. And I slept pretty well that night, so yes it’s possible.

I’m pretty sure you can’t check eta in IF

I did it last night flying DEN-NRT. You should be fine

1 Like