Flying into KDTW?

A Few things to know if your flying into detroit today

There is heavy traffic, pack extra fuel. Your gonna need it

Along with the heavy traffic, there are extremely strong winds.

About 60kts at 5000 feet, so take that into consideration

Also, only 3 runways are being used at the moment: 4L 4R 3L
Enjoy your safe flights today! Hope I helped!

7 Likes

Agreed! Its insane over there - stay safe guys

1 Like

I’m watching some pretty rough landings lol.

3 Likes

Thanks for the warning! I was going to fly from KDTW to RJAA with the Delta A350.

This is good to know.

1 Like

Why is everyone in Detroit? Flash flight?

1 Like

That is crazy!!!

ATC is here today

1 Like

Good luck on your flight!

2 Likes

I was Delta 158 Heavy that landed about 20 minutes ago at DTW from ICN. I had a 26knt crosswind, and a 45knt tailwind on approach, but I still managed to butter with a -48fpm landing. The turbulence is extremely strong though.

3 Likes

Wow. I landed a A319 about 10 minutes ago -and there was a pretty gusty crosswind. Pretty rough landing for me about -200fpm and off the center line.

1 Like

The turbulence is crazy, I almost diverted lol. But I think everything around there is rough. Coming from Newark was pretty nice up until I was over lake erie

2 Likes

I hit the rudder at around 20 feet and let the left gear bogie tuch first. Gotta love the A359

1 Like

i was delta 88, which had to execute a missed approach in dtw, because of high winds. I was gonna have a parallel approach with Chris S, but unfortunately could not because of the winds. As pro caution, expect delays

3 Likes

I saw you on approach when I was over kelly’s island. Yeah it would be pretty cool doing a parallel landing but today is not the day. Glad to hear you had a good flight.

1 Like

I saw that. I wanted RW4R because it was closer to the gate, but I didn’t get it, so I just ended the flight on the taxiway because I had to go. I plan on posting the replay later.

1 Like

For sure. Weather there is really bad. Just be prepared.

1 Like

This morning I flew in from Philly in a CRJ, 75 knots below 1,000 feet, and the airport METAR said calm winds so it was very unexpected and difficult

1 Like

That’s pretty weird. I’m in Cleveland irl and the winds are strong, but not that strong. I heard of some glitches regarding indicated wind speed on the HUD and it being off.

1 Like

that wind tho. that’s insane

1 Like

It might have been a HUD glitch, but it was still VERY windy on final

1 Like