Flying high

Hey IFC thought I would share my incredible adventure from TPA-ANC with a B737-900. I fueled this plane to the max and never stopped once.

• My flight time was 8 hours and 7 minutes I had about 14% fuel to spare after this long journey
  • I cruise at 38,000 for most of the flight then decided to fly high I made it to Flight level 460 or 46,000 feet and yes I did.
    Here are my pictures
    Once at the gate at TPA

Another right after takeoff

One during my cruise

One of them at 46,000 feet

Flaring right before touchdown

I know this doesn’t meet the criteria but this is proof I didn’t land at all
The purple is me at 38,000 feet and the red is 46,000 feet.

21 Likes

Nice photos, it’s amazing you made it that far in a 737!

1 Like

Thanks, I was also surprised I made it that far

3 Likes

I have made it from EGKK to KMDW before in a 737-700.

1 Like

Flight time?

2 Likes

Yes, with two hours of fuel to spare.

1 Like

That’s impossible the max the 737-700 can hold is 8 hours and 24 minutes but as I say impossible you can always have tailwinds and can always refuel

2 Likes

I don’t know how I was able to push it, but I had no problems anywhere in the flight.

That’s impossible. That’s well out of it’s range, even with tailwinds.

1 Like

Well working the range of a Boeing 737/BBJ. Max range, as per Boeing specs, is 7000nmi. That’s based on 10,464 gallons of fuel.

It’s weight dependent. The usual range spec is for a full load.
Just like how I did NZAA-EGLL in a 789 but with 40 pax

Now that distance and that height is impressive!

Great job!

2 Likes

To continue on this topic, I am currently flying under the callsign “Boeing 8 7”. Started in Barrow, Alaska and conducting an endurance test. currently entering Florida having flown 6h45m / 3,422nm. Fuel remaining is roughly 55% and 45,600 lbs.

1 Like

@UnitedFlyer777 What aircraft a 737-900 or a 737-700bbj?

This is the 737 BBJ.

1 Like

Closing this out tonight. Was planned to go to Chile but cutting it short.

Will be roughly a total of 6600 miles today with fuel remaining at 22% or 18,600 lbs. Flight time from Barrow, Alaska to Peru was 13h30m.

1 Like

That is an interesting flight path and an impressive time - good job!

1 Like

Very nice! It’s nice to see people flying to my home airport, PANC! It doesn’t get the attention it deserves.

1 Like

Just to let everyone know, you can almost, if not, fly all commercial airliners 1-3hrs longer than its maximum range (in-game that is). I’ve pulled through with the B772ER flying 24hrs nonstop and the A380 around 25hrs nonstop. Anything is possible if you have the will and dedication to do so. Btw, nice pics and was the 737 stable at FL460?

1 Like

Amazing photos Zach! I’m surprised the little B737 could make it that far. Keep it up!

1 Like