Flying Every Qantas Flight from Sydney

🦘 Flying Every Qantas Flight from Sydney 🇦🇺

G’Day!

Thanks for checking out my challenge series. As the title suggests, this series will revolve around the numerous destinations that Qantas has on offer from Australia's biggest city - Sydney.

For many IF users, flying down under typically consists of the usual Sydney to Melbourne or other large hubs. My goal with this challenge is to draw some attention to the more uncommon destinations plotted around Australia and beyond.

This captivating country boasts a fascinating history and culture, hence I’ll also be engaging with each destination by providing some interesting details about the area.

Let’s Get Crackin!

Special thanks to the lads at @QantasVirtualGroup for the inspiration.

A shoutout to to Charlie as well, for allowing me to borrow his thread layout. Check it out! :D

12 Likes

Would never think a CEO from a VA would do this. Very interesting.

Good Luck on your adventure.

1 Like

Couple flaws with that if you want do the Sydney-LHR And Qantas does Sydney to KJFK
Anyway great idea

2 Likes

Yep - Project Sunrise is definitely a possibility. My plan is to tackle most of the domestic and mainline routes first, as well as the Kangaroo route.

We’ll see how we go, perhaps Project Sunrise would make an awesome finale to the series. 🤙🏽

1 Like

Yes just what aircraft would you use the a330-300??

1 Like

The A330 would be well suited for fuel consumption, considering the route. However, we’ve been substituting the B789 at QVG.

I believe Qantas are still in talks and testing with the specific aircraft type, although the A350 has been a strong contender. :)

1 Like

I think Qantas made the decision to select the A350 for the LHR and JFK flights before the pandemic, but they haven’t put in an order yet. Good luck on your adventure!

1 Like

Hey!

Could i join you on the Sydney-Townsville Route?

1 Like

Leg 1 - Alice Springs 🇦🇺

Flight: QF790

Route: Sydney Kingsford (YSSY) - Alice Springs (YBAS)

Aircraft: Qantas 737-800

Our first leg takes us West to Alice Springs. This incredible town in the Northern Territory is fairly remote, despite being a popular gateway to the Australian Outback. The region also has many inhabitants specializing in mining and farming. In fact, the town initially started as an establishment to supply the cattle farms in the area. Plotted in the center of Adelaide in the South, and Darwin in the North, Alice Springs is a popular tourist hub thanks to the scenic road that connects it to Uluru.

Credits

Flight for @QantasVirtualGroup.

Thank you @Captain_Dattz & @sammy0909 for accompanying me on this flight!

2 Likes

For sure! Would be a pleasure. :)

1 Like

Looks amazing, I might have to join you on a leg

1 Like

Just DM me when doing SYD-TSV (preferrably on a weekend)

1 Like

Fantastic idea, sending good luck from over the ditch! If you’d like company on the SYD - ZQN flight I’d be more than happy to join, or could even setup ATC for your arrival.

2 Likes

Leg 2 - Auckland 🇳🇿

Flight: QF143

Route: Sydney Kingsford (YSSY) - Auckland (NZAA)

Aircraft: Qantas A330-300

For our second leg of the series, we switched things up and went East to Auckland! Alongside being New Zealand’s most populated city, it’s also the hometown of @Ben_C, who joined me for the ride. Auckland is a bustling multi-cultural hub that sprawls over volcanic hills, harbors, and contains many festivities and adventures. Despite the urban sprawl, beautiful beaches dot the coastline showcasing the country’s diversity and local culture. In the indigenous language, Maori, Auckland is known as “Tāmaki Makaurau.”

Credits

Flight for @QantasVirtualGroup.

Thank you @Ben_C for accompanying me on this flight!

2 Likes

Sounds like a plan! Ben and I are aiming to knock out the rest of the New Zealand sector over the upcoming weekend. Perhaps we can get a flash flight going and some ATC on arrival would be a great plus. Will let you know!

1 Like

Nice challenge Abdullah! DM me when you are going to do YSSY - YPAD!

1 Like

Leg 3 - Gold Coast 🇦🇺

Flight: QF594

Route: Sydney Kingsford (YSSY) - Gold Coast (YBAS)

Aircraft: Qantas 737-800

For our third leg of the series, we decided to head up north to one of Australia's popular destinations - Gold Coast! Gold Coast is the sixth-largest city in Australia, located right below Brisbane on Australia's east coast. The Gold Coast has a variety of diverse geography ranging from mountain ridges and valleys to rainforests and sandy coastlines. For decades on end, Gold Coast has been attracting domestic and international tourists thanks to it's incredible nightlife, beaches, and theme parks that make it the perfect Aussie getaway. That's not to mention it being good mate @RileyBozina's hometown as well.
5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.