Flying across the Atlantic in an A318!

General information:
BA 1 (also referred to as ‘Speedbird 1’) is a regularly scheduled flight from Shannon, Ireland to New York City flown by British Airways.

Flight information:
Server - Expert

Aircraft - Airbus A318-100 (British Airways livery)

Departure Airport - EINN (gate 39)

Destination Airport - KJFK (gate 63B)

Flight Time - 5 Hours 47 Minutes

Cruising Altitude - FL250

Distance - 2,880 NM

Callsign - Speedbird 1

Photos:
Parked at gate 39 at EINN

Take off was around 10am

Climbing to 25,000 feet

Passing by a British Airways 777

Approaching Newfoundland and Labrador

Beginning the descent into KJFK

Touchdown on runway 4L

At gate 63B, nearly 6 hours later.

What was your favorite image? I am interested in hearing feedback.

Additional Information: This is my first topic created on the Infinite Flight Community, and feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.

39 Likes

Nice pics! This is definitely my favorite transatlantic flight.

2 Likes

Nice shots!! I liked the 6th one!! And a nice topic for your first topic on IFC!!!

2 Likes

I love this one

7 Likes

@DatAviation_340YT. MaxSez… Great 1st Presentation! Only thing missing Is yr Flight Plan p even it is point-to-point. Well Done! “BZ”…

IMG_1517

Regards, Max

2 Likes

Ohhhh yeah. I remember that route I use to fly from London City do a refueling in Shannon and over the sea to KJFK its mostly a business travel flights.

2 Likes

Love the one with the 777 above. Do you know this flight starts at London City?

1 Like

Thanks! Yes, the actual flight originates from London City, however I use FlightAware for all of my flight details and I saw Shannon as the departure airport. 🤷‍♂️

1 Like

I have done this before. It’s a special flight!

1 Like

Unfortunately you didn’t start from EGLC. Otherwise, great shots (I really like the seventh one)

2 Likes

Great anyways :)

1 Like

A318s are sooooo cute
They look so adorable 🙂

1 Like

Try London City to KJFK, You might make it

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion! I probably could as I still had a few hours of fuel left after landing (given the fact that there was a 59 knot headwind).

I did London City-La Guardia it was pretty fun.

1 Like

Ah nice, the wee baby bus :)

2 Likes

This has to be my favorite 😍

2 Likes

Why were you cruising so low may I ask

2 Likes

I was originally planning on cruising at FL330, but then realized that it would’ve taken longer; and the headwinds were much worse up there. So then I decided that FL250 was the best option

1 Like

You should have been at an even alt and FL250 is an unrealistic flight level for that length

1 Like