Flybe to launch services from Heathrow in 2017

This sure would be interesting, with Avios points being redeemable on Flybe as well as BA, we could see some good prices domestically again in the UK!! Flybe could even do better than Virgin Atlantic Little Red

7 Likes

Strange… LCC don’t go to big airports offen…

@Thomas_Oehrling Just think of those additional Avios we can now get !

1 Like

But Flybe don’t do business do they?

1 Like

Haha yeah true , i guess we won’t be flying them ;)

1 Like

plus domestic routes arent Avios mines :/

1 Like

I thought you have always been able to redeem avois on Flybe. I have booked flights from England to France with them and got avois points and spent some on getting the ticket

1 Like

Biggest bargain we’ve had with Avios is a return flight from LGW to MLA with BA. And yes, you can redeem Avios with Flybe and you’ve always been able to…

1 Like

And why EDI and ABZ? I would’ve gone for more obscure routes like NQY - LHR. Not to mention the Isle of Man, they could really do with an affordable route to Heathrow - I’m sure @AdamCallow agrees…

2 Likes

Yes, Isle of Man to Heathrow would be great.

But in the article it’s says they have to do those routes for 3 years then they can go to anywhere in Europe.

2 Likes

I’m sure the oilworkers and merchant navy types will appreciate the increased options to fly direct to Heathrow.

1 Like

Where are they based from, I always thought they were based out of England.

1 Like

They have crew bases up and down the country:

Glasgow
Edinburgh
Belfast
Manchester
Birmingham
Southampton
Exeter

1 Like

I see flybe nearly everyday coming into Southampton

2 Likes

FlyBe are literally everywhere in the UK, apart from Heathrow (but that changes now).

Nice little airline, great to see them expanding

1 Like

there was a rumour a few months back when this rumour first came about that they would be operating a flight to the isle of man from Heathrow.

Apparently if Heathrow was expanded, they said they would open a base there, they were also wanting RAF Northolt to be expanded to accommodate so of the shorter flights from Heathrow.

Even EasyJet said they would open a base at Heathrow if it was expanded.

Obviously this was a couple of months back, so I don’t know if they still would do it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.