FlyBe Ceases Operations… Again

Unfortunately British carrier Flybe, who was very well known before the pandemic, has ceased operations for a second time. Likely to be the last.

In an instagram post by Flybe themselves, they announced they were ceasing trading (stock market) and not continuing flights effective immediately.

I am personally sad to hear these news as this also means less Q400s in operation with Alaska fully retiring theirs today. Let me know what y’all think and say a final goodbye to Flybe.

link to instagram post: Flybe Airline on Instagram: "We regret to confirm that Flybe has been placed into administration. David Pike and Mike Pink from Interpath Advisory have been appointed Joint Administrators. Regrettably, the Company has ceased trading. All Flybe flights from and to the UK are cancelled and will not be rescheduled. If you are due to fly with Flybe today or in the future, please DO NOT TRAVEL TO THE AIRPORT unless you have arranged an alternative flight with another airline. Unfortunately, we are unable to arrange alternative flights for you. If you have a booking sold by an intermediary (not directly with Flybe) that includes travel on a Flybe flight, please contact the relevant airline or agent to confirm if there is any impact to your travel. They may be able to assist with alternative plans. Further information is available at www.flybe.com We are deeply sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. We thank all of our wonderful customers for your support. It’s been our pleasure and privilege to serve you."

28 Likes

maybe third time’s a charm? yeah probably not gonna happen though

Q400 fleets have been taking quite the toll this week

1 Like

I’m not surprised this has happened - they really struggled to get back off the ground in the first place.

1 Like

Why would flybe be placed into administration?

1 Like

Wow the second after they come back they are gone just wow

1 Like

nooooooooooooooooo!! their little dash 8’s!

1 Like

I mean… resuming operations for the 2nd time after a 1 and a half year hiatus… not surprised they are gone again.

They could’ve taken more time if they wanted to take off again without any struggle.

1 Like

one if you had a hard time getting off the runway and folded once the 2nd time would be just as hard or worse i would never see this airline coming back until it gets a owner that wants to do something with it which will likely be never depends tho

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.