Fly-In: Kai Tak Throwback

It’s time to step foot into a time capsule and head towards the legendary Kai Tak Airport for our next official fly-in! Prepare to experience the thrill and excitement of one of the most challenging and iconic airports in the world. Choose your aircraft, buckle up and get ready to navigate the tricky approach and landing at Kai Tak. This is a Fly-In event you don’t want to miss!

IFATC will provide service where able, so remember to always be in contact with them if they are open. This includes centre and departure frequencies.

EVENT DETAILS

Event Specifics

Server: All Servers
Fly-in Airport: VHHX
Time: 2023-05-17T05:00:00Z2023-05-18T05:00:00Z

NOTAMs

This is an ALL SERVERS event. The following info applies to the Expert Server: Pattern work at ATC discretion. No local flying to hub airports from nearby airports. GA aircraft permitted at ATC discretion. We ask for your full cooperation with IFATC and to follow all expert server rules. Use of SIDs & STARs recommended. Most importantly, have fun!

Suggested Routes
RCKH - VHHX 1:00 Flight
Origin Airport Destination Airport Suggested Aircraft Suggested Airline Flight Duration
RCKH VHHX A321 dragonair 1:00

RCKH WP605 WP609 WP608 PARAS WP641 WP521 QUOTA CYRUS COMBO DADON 2219N/11739E ELATO MAGOG 2217N/11539E ALPHA MAG50 WISKY WISKY VHHX

RCTP - VHHX 1:15 Flight
Origin Airport Destination Airport Suggested Aircraft Suggested Airline Flight Duration
RCTP VHHX MD-11 Thai International 1:15

RCTP TP060 NOVAS DECOY SUMER CHALI 2435N/12024E CANDY AJENT MKG KADLO ANPOG ELATO MAGOG 2218N/11550E ALPHA MAG50 WISKY WISKY VHHX

RPLL - VHHX 1:35 Flight
RPLL VHHX Philippine Airlines B744 1:35

RPLL VOTAS OLIVA CIA TADEL BIGBI TAREM 1543N/12016E AVMUP MUMOT NOMAN 2057N/11534E NOM50 WISKY WISKY VHHX

VTBS - VHHX 2:15 Flight
VTBS VHHX A333 Cathay Pacific 2:15

VTBS LOUIS BS901 BS902 MEZZO ROBKA SELKA TOPER 1439N/10248E SANOT GRASO GUROK OKENA SAV ENBIL VILAO DONGI NIVEN XONUS ASSAD DABUB AGPOR SAMAS ISBIG SIKOU 2106N/11241E CHALI IDO50 WISKY WISKY VHHX

ZBAA - VHHX 3:00 Flight
ZBAA VHHX B752 China Southern 3:00

ZBAA AA450 AA451 AA453 AA454 RUSDO 3935N/11459E IPLEV NOMOV APEXU VAGBI 3614N/11307E PADNO TAMIX NOPIN DUBAG CGO KAMDA LKO DAPRO AKUBA LUMKO PAVTU LIG BUBDA YIN 2231N/11533E MAGOG ALPHA MAG50 WISKY WISKY VHHX

RJAA - VHHX 4:00 Flight
RJAA VHHX MD-11 JAL 4:00

RJAA TETRA HME 3521N/13919E SZE HKC IGMON ELATO MAGOG 2218N/11548E ALPHA MAG50 WISKY WISKY VHHX

LSZH - VHHX 11:00 Flight
LSZH VHHX MD-11 Swiss 11:00

LSZH DORAP OSDOV XEBIX 4717N/1115E 4717N/1118E TUNUM UMVEG DIMLO INVED VEVIN DINRO UDROS ABSAX GAKSU OTKOT ATNOP SIN KARDE ROLIN ODILI TETRO AGISO LAGAS BADIR ADEKI LEYLA LESGI RODAR TUNEK TUGTA BABUM BIBIM ABEKO KEKAL BODBA ABDAN NINOP LEMOD PAGMA VUVEN NEVIV PATOX MESRA DOBAT REGET DI LEBIB JHANG NITIV GUGAL BUTOP OROTI 2910N/7545E DPN ALI PAVRU LKN BODOG PPT MONDA BIKIK TEBID RAJ BOGEP AAT TEBUL ANSOS LSO LINSO GMA MAKUL GULOT SGM LXI ADBAG MEPAN BSE DUDIT LBN ATLAT BIPOP AVPAM GYA 2304N/11230E POU TAMOT 2217N/11354E 2220N/11411E WISKY VHHX

EGLL - VHHX 11:45 Flight
EGLL VHHX British Airways B744 11:45

EGLL 5128N/026W DE34A DE29C D283T D283P D283E DET DVR KONAN 5107N/221E KOK MATUG BOMBI TENLO DEXIT PESAT TEGRI LUGEB UDROS ABSAX GAKSU OTKOT ATNOP SIN KARDE ROLIN ODILI TETRO AGISO LAGAS BARAD VERCA BAGVA SUBUT EDELU ERLEV ABROD AMOKU RODAR TUNEK TUGTA BABUM BIBIM ABEKO KEKAL BODBA ABDAN NINOP LEMOD PAGMA VUVEN NEVIV PATOX MESRA DOBAT REGET DI LEBIB JHANG 3121N/7259E SAKUV PATNI SULOM ASARI ELKUX IGINO DPN ALI PAVRU LKN BODOG PPT MONDA BIKIK TEBID RAJ BOGEP AAT TEBUL ANSOS LSO LINSO GMA MAKUL GULOT SGM LXI ADBAG MEPAN BSE DUDIT LBN ATLAT BIPOP AVPAM 2309N/11206E GYA POU TAMOT WISKY VHHX

CYVR - VHHX 12:45 Flight
CYVR VHHX DC-10 Canadian Airlines 12:45

CYVR 4943N/12454W 4944N/12456W KATCH 5700N/15100W 5657N/15839W 5709N/17014W OBOYD NATES NIKLL NYMPH NUZAN NRKEY NIPPI NOGAL NUBDA NANNO NODAN ASTER SDE FINCH YONEX ELDAK GTC NESKO SAMON SUGNO MIHOU 3449N/13158E 3427N/13125E STOUT DGC FUE ESBIS IGMON BULAN OSTAR AISAR DRAKE APU PIDGY HLG SWORD MKG KADLO ANPOG ELATO 2219N/11632E MAGOG ALPHA MAG50 WISKY WISKY VHHX

Please check whether or not you’re attending this event below!

Be sure to post your best screenshots and videos on Instagram, Twitter or TikTok and tag us for a chance to have one featured on our social media pages. Simply tag us using @infiniteflight, or use hashtags #infiniteflight and #flashflight. We look forward to seeing all of your amazing shots! You can also follow us on YouTube where we live stream some of these events and occasionally host giveaways!

FAQs

How can I appeal my Level 2 or 3 Violation?

If reported by ATC on the Expert Server for an infraction you will be issued a Level 2 or Level 3 Violation. This may be appealed here on the Community Forum by sending a direct message to @appeals where you should provide your callsign, display name, location, details surrounding the report, and a replay file which can easily be uploaded here!

How do I get IFATC at my event?

IFATC members are encouraged to staff all community events around the world! While events aren’t featured on the schedule, community members may use the schedule locations to create future events with guaranteed traffic!

Head over to our Events category to begin creating. You can use helpful tags like atc-needed and atc-staffed to let controllers know where they’re needed.

How can I get my event featured?

Community Events are now a staple of the community with users creating awesome events for others to enjoy. We love incorporating your events into our official communications and live stream schedules! To get your event featured, all you have to do is create an event and publish it in Events. From here, our team will manually review these events each month and hand-pick the ones we would like to officially feature!

Click HERE for more information

What does it mean to have my event officially featured?

If your event is chosen to be featured, we will:

• Advertise on our Official Discord channel before and during the event
  • Add it to the ATC Schedule
  • Highlight it on our social media channels
  • Pin the event topic to the IFC
  • Feature the event on the in-app home screen

Event Feedback

We value your input and would love to hear your thoughts on this event. Could you please take a few minutes to fill out this short survey about your experience? Your feedback will help us improve future events. Share your feedback here!

26 Likes

Given this is after my exams finish - I will definitely try to come along.

9 Likes

Use the procedures listed below for extra realism:

15 Likes

This looks interesting! May come in a SIA DC10!

3 Likes

Another an amazing fly-in event, Dan! I’ll be sure to join this one. I love Kai Tak!

6 Likes

I did a fantastic crash scene there a few days ago, i should probably post it soon

2 Likes

This is gonna be awesome!

Can’t wait to see all the 747’s flying into the chequerboard.

2 Likes

Cathay 747 here I come

4 Likes

Expect me to join as usual

2 Likes

Would an A380 fit in Kai Tak? I was thinking of flying one in from YSSY

4 Likes

I would assume not, since Kai Tak closed before the A380 went into service, also for the same reason it would be very unrealistic.

3 Likes

No - neither can the 747-8. But all other aircraft are fine.

4 Likes

I will be doing this one (casual server)! I will check Windy the day of the flight, but does anyone know what the wind//weather at Kai Tak tends to be?

2 Likes

as a hongkonger, i think (can’t promise) it will be normally less than 10 knots side / head wind, sometimes can get more windy in summer with typhoons! so good luck to you! :)
(for now is 17 knots headwind if takeoff at rwy13

red dot in photo is hk, white line is the route of typhoon :)
btw, i think you will be fine in the event at may

3 Likes

btw, this was quite an old typhoon

1 Like

I can Attend this one yet again @Dan! See you all there:)

2 Likes

I’m taking Dragon Air! I loved this route before into Kai Tak!

3 Likes

same for me, i dont have much time at that day…

2 Likes

I may join this one!
If I do I’ll be doing Northwest 747-200 on the JFK-NRT-HKG legs.

4 Likes

I am doing this one cause of my A333 butter machine 🗿

4 Likes