Flipped over on runway counts as acrobatic maneuvers

Just at Oceanside and my 172 flipped over on the runway with out crashing and it said that I would be ghosted! Glad I exited the game! Note…I’m not mad about this or complaining.

2 Likes

That happened to me also yesterday…lol

2 Likes

Usually happens when there’s high winds…but it isn’t any reason to get ghosted
😟😟

1 Like

If you exceed a certain bank angle within the airports designated airspace, its considered and acrobatic maneuver. Flipping upside down would definitely exceed that angle.

9 Likes

You are blocking the runway then

If that’s the case Joe pointed then u will get a violation and not a ghost…be aware of the commands and norms pls

blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px #715FFA solid !important; padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white !important; } I did not get ghosted

Look at the original post …u wrote ghosted…anywhay let’s not continue this silly debate

Idk if your staying a complaint, but I’m glad that it counts as aerobatic maneuvers. If you manage to flip a plane, you need the wakeup call to practice more before flying in live.

blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px #715FFA solid !important; padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white !important; } I’m Grade 4 and there was a wind shear of 60 knots. I know how to land a plane

If you could stop pasting random CSS in your post that would be great

5 Likes

Sorry, I was replying by email

So you were landing in a tornado? 60 knots is a bit excessive. Also if the wind was that much, especially for a 172, you should have diverted to a different airport where the wind wasn’t so excessive.

The wind all sudden showed up

MaxSez: I don’t think so the winds where outside the 172 envelope plus the correct terminology is “Ground Loop” not Flipped! One Flips a cigarette butts and understands a crafts capability before they mount up! Me thinks you complain too much Aggie!

3 Likes

I said in the beginning on the topic that I’m not complaining about this, Just thought it was a goofy thing

1 Like

@AggieAirlines… Understood, “Not complaining”. Just trying to be helpful!
One should understand the capabilities of the craft one flys. In the real world iyour actions would have been classified a “Pilot Error”. Terminology is important with this audience as well it should be tech correct. There are snakes on this plane… Hissssss! Regards, Max

1 Like

Yep! You are right!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.