FlightReport #003 // Brussels (BRU) - London City (LCY)

Hey everybody,
Simon back with the third episode of FlightReport, my InfiniteFlight trip article series. As the feedback on the previous reports was surprisingly good I’m finally here to present you my next flight, which was chosen by you.

Today, we are at Brussels International Airport (BRU / EBBR) in a rasilian bird, in an Embraer E190 operated by British Airways, great brittains flag carrier airline (Registration: G-LCYL).

Our flight will lead us to the northwest, to London, the capital of England. The airport we will be approaching is London City Airport (LCY / EGLC). It is located in the east of London, not far from the busy city center and it as well has a few particularities.
The first one being the short runway: The only landing strip that belongs to the airport only has a length of 1,508m (about 4950ft). The second particularity is that only regional jets and an A318 is allowed to land there, which is logical because of the short runway. And last but not least: The glideslope that makes the airport to the most dangerous the United Kingdom is able to offer. It is very steep as planes mustn’t fly too low above houses and towers (like in London).
This means the angle you’re approaching EGLC with is bigger than usual and thus it’s hard to make a smooth touchdown.

Enough talking, let’s go!

At the terminal in Brussels

Ready for taxiing!

Tower perspective, pretty bad visibility today, typical winter weather.

Ready for takeoff!

Taking off from runway 07L, see you Brussels!

Visibility getting better above the english channel…

First time we see the east coast of England today, landing soon!

Spotting Southend airport (EGMC) during descend…

Window plane spotting at its best!

EGLC already in sight!

London sightseeing tour from a bird’s perspective!

Starting final descend, VS of -1544, fingers crossed

Touchdown, smoother than I thought…

Parking a plane in London City style!

Thanks for reading the post,
was quite a bit of work again to get this one ready, but I hope you enjoyed it and the effort wasn’t for nothing.
I’m also open for any kind of improvement proposuals and criticism as long as it’s constructive.

Now, it’s time for your votes again, what flight do you want to see next?

• Portland (PDX) - Honolulu (HNL)
    (Hawaiian Boeing 767-300ER)
  • Düsseldorf (DUS) - Charlotte (CLT)
    (Lufthansa Airbus A330-300)
  • San Francisco (SFO) - Long Beach (LGB)
    (Delta Airbus A319)
  • Sydney (SYD) - Los Angeles (LAX)
    (Qantas Boeing 747-400)

0 voters

Thanks for voting! :)

3 Likes

I’d argue Leeds Bradford Intl with that. LBA is the highest in the UK, therefore having by far the worst crosswinds of any airport. The runway isn’t exactly flat either, nor too long.

Yeaaahhh… I didn’t know that. But because of its glideslope, the city, water all around and its runway length I was considering it the most dangerous. But thanks for the note!!

What are those squares on the ground?

It’s a bug. Lower-end devices show them. They’re the edges of the terrain tiles.

1 Like

Could you tell me the speeds you use for the flaps and the weight of the plane?

Thanks for this report, I’d love to try something like that.

I haven’t bought any maps yet - is it possible to fly between adjacent regions like this or have you had to simulate crossing the channel by ending and re-starting the flight?

Great flight report but…

the next will be on Live?

I leave the game in between and fly to cruise altitude in the destination region to let it look like an entire approach. As far as I am aware, global flying is possible, but you just see planes, no terrain or something in the destination or transition region.

Is it actually possible to fly between regions?

Possibly. Don’t know yet.

Technically yes, but it’s terrible. You don’t wanna do it. If you want to fly to another region then just spawn there in the first place. FDS don’t let you do inter-region flights.

##Voting closed##
I think you had enough time to vote.
Sydney - Los Angeles will be up on Christmas eve! :)