FlightRadar24 Findings | Part 2

Glad to be one of the first posters of this thread! Sure it will get thousands of posts :)

Is this a charter or scheduled?

1 Like

I believe Icelandair operates that flight for Cabo Verde Airlines as they lease some aircraft to them ;)

3 Likes

I think you’re right because I just noticed the callsign is VR, which could stand for the Verde.

1 Like

Amazing 😂😂

2 Likes

@Dylan_M Best find ever! Did not even know they started with the A321N. Cant wait to see it here in Boston

1 Like

We’ve got a AUS diversion!

4 Likes

Apparently A380s go to Oakland🤔

3 Likes

Probably an old diversion that is now headed back to sfo. What I mean is that the a380 was supposed to go to SFO but got diverted to KOAK for some reason and is now back in SFO for the flight back :)

1 Like

Saw that too 🤷🏻‍♂️

I can’t think of any reason why they would fly to Oakland and then fly back. But what really confuses me is the aircraft’s taxi in San Francisco…

It turned right onto 1L and back-taxied on it after landing on 28R, then turned right again (and again) to back-taxi on 1R. Then, it held short of 28R for a while before turning right (again!) and making its way to the remote stands…

2 Likes

Why was the original closed? Anyways I’m glad to see this one back up :)

1 Like

The plane was taken to Oakland because of the British Airways strike which was preventing British Airways flights to England. It is cheaper for the company to park their plane for a long period of time at Oakland than at San Francisco.

4 Likes

Additionally, G-XLEG isn’t the only one that was stationed at another airport while the strike went on. G-XLED flew from Boston to Washington IAD on the 8th.

3 Likes

It hit 10K comments

1 Like

Ahh I see.

1 Like

Looks like this guy should set a reminder to turn off the transponder after each flight😂

1 Like

Wow! A Cessna is that big? I wonder what I’ve been training all these years?! maybe a Boeing 747

(The person who discovered this was NOT me I found this on instagram)

10 Likes

hmmmmm…

1 Like

I’m a simple man. I see the NYPD livery, I like.

2 Likes

Many Asian airlines offer direct or connecting flights to Mexico. For example, China Southern uses their 787 for CAN-YYZ-MEX. ANA does NRT-MEX. And Hainan does PEK-TIJ-MEX. Hope this helps.

1 Like

that was the BA flight cancellation stuff

1 Like