Flightistic's ATC Tracking Thread - [CLOSED] @ KSTS

Welcome to my ATC tracking thread!

CLOSED

Airport:
N/A

Server:
N/A

Please only use “Remaining in the Pattern” if you are planning on doing touch&gos/patterns! Otherwise, please use the “departing north, south, east, west" or "straight out” command.
Please don’t use an aircraft larger than an A320 :)

4 Likes

Open

Airport:
KSTS

Server:
Training

Active Runway(s):

Open For:
1 hour

Side note: Please don’t use an aircraft larger than an A320 :)

I can come in about 10-15 minutes if you will still be open.

1 Like

Feel free to tag me next time your open.

1 Like

I’ll be open!

1 Like

Will do!

1 Like

@Flightistic Are you by chance in the IFATC recruitment/training process?

1 Like

Yes, I am currently in the IFATC recruitment process

1 Like

Feedback from N915DD:

Sorry that this feedback is 5 hours late. I had to go do some things.

• You never replied to my transition request. You should always make sure to reply to these! Transitions should be made with a clearance of 1000 feet from the airport pattern altitude. A good way to calculate transition altitudes is to take the airport elevation, add 1000-1500 ft. (dependant on what pattern altitude you are using. Light aircraft at 1000, anything else 1500.), add another 1000 for vertical clearance, and finally round up to the next 500.
    An example for KSTS is: 128 + 1500 + 1000 = 2628 → 3000.

• Make sure to give inbound aircraft a pattern entry! This includes runway changes as well.

• Make sure to sequence your aircraft when multiple are in the pattern. You only gave me a number, not instructions to follow.

• The adjust speed command was unnecessary. I had enough clearance from the traffic ahead and was also in the process of slowing already. I like the effort and awareness though!

• I’m not sure why you told me to make right traffic after my second clearance. You already had established a left pattern and had no other aircraft in the pattern. If you meant to tell me to make right traffic after my first touch and go, due to the departing traffic, you should’ve told me to enter a right downwind for RWY 32. You could’ve also told the departing aircraft to line up and wait until you were comfortable with the spacing. However, there was no incident with the other traffic :)

• When I stated I was on left downwind for 32, full stop, I should’ve just received a roger, not an additional statement regarding unnecessary reports. This was to let you know I was no longer doing a touch and go, but making a full stop.

• You had plenty of time to have Speedbird 919 takeoff, but it’s always better to be safe than sorry.

• Nice runway exit timing!

Overall, decent session, but you need to take a real good look at the ATC Manual before taking your written. Make sure to read it very thoroughly and familiarize yourself with all of the procedures. Also, make sure to use your two practice tests! With practice, you’ll definitely get there!

Resources:

The Perfect ATC Test - This will give a short demo of what an IFATC practical will look like. It does a great job explaining all of the steps and situations experienced in the video.

ATC Manual Section 3.3 - Inbounds - This will help with clearance, pattern entries, sequences, and clearances for options.

ATC Manual Section 3.4 - Pattern Work/Transitions/Flight of XX - This will help with pattern work and transitions.

Common Mistakes: How to Fix Them! - This will give some additional help with other potential conflicts.

IFATC Practice Test - These are great tools to use in order to prepare for your written!

Hope this helps :)

2 Likes

Hey. Tag me next session okay?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.