FlightCast Questions Needed! Planespotter Jan Jasinski

Hey FlightCast Listeners!

I’m excited to announce the first guest in a new PLANE SPOTTER series for FlightCast! Jan Jasinksi is one of my all time favourite aviation photographers and currently works as a De-Icing baylead at Ottawa Macdonald–Cartier International Airport (CYOW) in Ontario Canada. He’s currently a student pilot on the Cessna 150 (go-cart with wings, as @Mark_Denton would call it) and blows us away with his aviation photography.

I’m looking for aviation, photography, and de-icing/ramp questions for our interview in just under 24 hours! This episode will air this Wednesday, February 1st.

In the mean time, check out Jan’s work at one of the following sites! Thanks everyone.

Follow Jan on Instagram:

http://photojan.smugmug.com/

Quick update… you guys have seen his work on the FlightCast website before! In one of our CRJ episodes, we used an epic shot by Jan for the feature. http://flightcast.audio/podcast/episode-33-crj-pilot-jared-dichter-part-2/

12 Likes

How many engines have you stood in?

20 Likes

Are you sad that you can’t stand in engines on md-80/90 or CRJ’s?

2 Likes

I give up.

13 Likes

What got you into Planespotting?

2 Likes

What’s your favorite lens for photographing aircraft?

What’s your favorite airport to spot at?

In your opinion which unique aircraft do you feel lucky to have spotted or photographed?

Any interesting plane spotting moments?

2 Likes

Must there be a specific type of camera for planespotting? Or must there be some sort of minimum specs?

Oh and, mirrorless, bridge or DSLR? Does the option we choose matter too?

1 Like

Is there an airport you consider to be your dream spotting location that you plan to visit in the future?

4 Likes

Obviously Changi :)

What is the largest aircraft you have ever spotted/photographed? The smallest?

2 Likes

Airbus or Boeing

3 Likes

What aircraft picture are you most proud of that you have taken? Your favorite… the one you would pick if you could only have one…

2 Likes

Or Bombardier???

And on a related note: Cessna, Beechcraft, or Piper (or is there another favourite)?

1 Like

Cannon or Nikon and why?

Favorite thing to photograph Planes or Women and any?

Do you sell pictures? If no, wth not?

12 Likes

Estimated, how many planes have you De-iced?
What type of plane do you regularly de-ice?

Does green Type IV deicing fluid smell like lime jello?

1 Like

What’s your favourite plane? What’s your favourite livery? And if this does make it in the episode call me Josh 😂.

1 Like

Have you seen any special liverys/interesting planes (e.g. Heart One, Air Force one)?

Don’t forget Embarer!

How does it feel to be some weird guy standing around taking picture at the airport?

9 Likes