Flight Sim Expo 2019 - Information Thread

Flight Sim Expo 2019 is right around the corner. To assist in keeping the forum organized, this thread will be updated before/during the expo with various important information regarding the Flight Sim Expo. I look forward to seeing everyone in attendance.

Shortcut to :

Core Information

Flight Sim Expo website : http://flightsimexpo.com

Tickets/Schedules/Maps/details can all be found on the website and should be referenced for the latest and greatest information.

Exhibit Floor Map

Yellow - Infinite Flight Booth
Pink - “The Left Seat” presentation room
Purple - “The Right Seat” presentation room

Schedule of Events

All times are Eastern time.

Friday June 7th
Event Time Location
Captains’ Corner Attendee Check-In 11:00am - 12:30pm Oceans Ballroom Foyer
Advance Attendee Check-In 3:30pm - 5:30pm Oceans Ballroom Foyer
Captains’ Corner Seminar: Advanced Training and Simulation Prepar3D 12:30pm - 1:15pm The Flight Deck
Captains’ Corner Seminar: Hardware Tweaking and Tuning Jetline Systems 1:30pm - 2:15pm The Flight Deck
Captains’ Corner Seminar: Flying at the Next Level Navigraph 2:30pm - 3:15pm The Flight Deck
Captains’ Corner Seminar: Scenery Design Orbx 3:30pm - 4:15pm The Flight Deck
Captains’ Corner Seminar: World Editor (WED) X-Plane 11 4:30pm - 5:15pm The Flight Deck
Saturday June 8th
Event Time Location
Attendee Registration and Check-In 8:00am - 4:00pm Oceans Ballroom Foyer
Welcome to FlightSimExpo 2019 9:00am - 9:15am The Flight Deck
Introduction to At-Home Flight Simulation by FlightChops and Jason Miller 9:30am - 10:15am The Flight Deck
Flight Simulation Addon Developers: The Faces Behind the Products moderated by chillywillies 10:30am - 11:30am The Flight Deck
For the LUV of Flight by Paul Schulten 12:30pm - 1:15pm The Left Seat
Team Meet & Greet Lockheed Martin’s Prepar3D 12:45pm - 1:15pm The Right Seat
Developer/Exhibitor Seminar Parallel 42 1:25pm - 1:55pm The Right Seat
The Other Half of Your Flight: Dispatching and Operations Management by Matt Bartels 1:30pm - 2:15pm The Left Seat
Developer/Exhibitor Seminar Mettar Simulations 2:05pm - 2:35pm The Right Seat
Developer/Exhibitor Seminar Mindstar Aviation 2:25pm - 2:55pm The Left Seat
Developer/Exhibitor Seminar Noble Flight Simulation 2:45pm - 3:15pm The Right Seat
Developer/Exhibitor Seminar Gleim Aviation 3:05pm - 3:35pm The Left Seat
Developer/Exhibitor Seminar Virtual Fly 3:25pm - 3:55pm The Right Seat
Developer/Exhibitor Seminar iCloth Avionics 3:45pm - 4:15pm The Left Seat
Developer/Exhibitor Seminar Orbx 4:05pm - 4:35pm The Right Seat
Developer/Exhibitor Seminar Laminar Research (X-Plane 11) 4:30pm - 5:15pm The Left Seat
Developer/Exhibitor Seminar Flight Velocity 4:45pm - 5:15pm The Right Seat
Event Social 5:30pm - 7:00pm Main Exhibit Floor
Infinite Flight Community Meetup 8:00pm Mist Sushi & Spirits
Sunday June 9th
Event Time Location
Attendee Registration and Check-In 9:00am - 9:30am Oceans Ballroom Foyer
FlightSimExpo Juneau Landing Competition sponsored by X-Plane 11 9:30am - 10:30am The Left Seat
Military Flight Training: Past, Present, and Future by Flack Maguire 9:30am - 10:30am The Right Seat
Using At-Home Flight Simulation: Why and How by Calum Martin 10:45am - 11:30am The Right Seat
Home Cockpit Building: Design, Fabrication, and Integration 11:00am - 1:00pm The Left Seat
Using At-Home Flight Simulation: What is Online Aviation? by Sebastian Knoop-Troullier 11:45am - 12:15pm The Right Seat
Using At-Home Flight Simulation: Flying Online – Tips from the Pros by Ethan Hawes 12:30pm - 1:00pm The Right Seat
FAA WINGS Seminar: Getting Started by Robert Jex 1:15pm - 2:15pm The Right Seat
Discovering Helicopter Simulation by Sergio Costa 1:30pm - 2:15pm The Left Seat
Thank You and FlightSimExpo 2020 2:30pm - 2:45pm The Right Seat
End of FlightSimExpo 2019 3:00pm

Infinite Flight Booth

Members of the Infinite Flight team will be in attendance at the Infinite Flight booth which is booth #401. You can see from the floor map that this booth is in an excellent location to maximize traffic.

Devices will be available to showcase some of the new features that are in development. We encourage you to live stream and share you experiences on social media. Be sure to tag infiniteflight. The same questions that cannot be answered on the forum may not be answered in person either. Who knows, you may see some other cool stuff…

Infinite Flight is usually quite busy with newcomers and the IFC family. We ask that while we absolutely want to hang out with you, please do check out the entire show and make lots of space at our booth for people who are discovering IF for the first time. This is a great chance for people to get their hands on our product (literally) so we don’t want to scare them away!

Organized Meetups

Infinite Flight is hosting a community meetup in the atrium of the Renaissance hotel on Saturday evening at 8pm EST.

A Personal Note

(taking my moderator hat off and putting on my personal hat)

Attendance grows with every event that Infinite Flight participates in. This event is no exception and from what I have read will be attended by many from the IFC community. The IFC community itself is an extension of the app. App reviews on the mobile stores along with the overall pilot experiences include interaction with IFC members. This applies to both online and in person experiences.

I know many in the community are proud to be a supporter of Infinite Flight by wearing Infinite Flight apparel in public. Please keep in mind that you are representing Infinite Flight at these types of events. This is a great opportunity to showcase the advances that the developers have made as well as serving as an initial introduction to Infinite Flight for many in attendance. I am asking kindly that you please keep this in mind and maintain professional and appropriate behavior at the event.

To give you some background on my position, I am a referee for a high school sports league. The moment I put the stripes on I am representing all officials and the inherit institution that it serves. Acting a fool while wearing those stripes drastically impacts the public opinions (and ratings) on my organization. This is a good life lesson as it applies to many aspects of life, business, and your careers.

Thank you for listening! See you there!

Feel free to share your travel plans if you wish. With such a large community you may be on the same flight as others.

111 Likes

I wonder what that means…
Thanks Chris. This will definitely makes things easier for people going

2 Likes

I would only wish to be here. 😖 Sadly I live in a different Continent. But, great and rewarding work from all of the moderators and developers. I am certainly looking forward to this event. And by looking at the event schedule, lots of things will be going on! Have fun to all living nearby! Great and informative topic Chris.

3 Likes

Thanks for the information! Only 4 more days until I make the trip down to the sunshine state!

3 Likes

I get in on Thursday AA 2314 from DFW to MCO. Fun times!

6 Likes

Thursday arrival as well.
BWI–>MCO SWA1578.
Such a shocker you’re flying AA, Chris 😂
Going to be a fun weekend!

3 Likes

I am flying Southwest as well, Except from Denver.

1 Like

Friday Arrival:

BWI-MCO SWA1992 (4:00A wake up time😡)

Sunday Departure:

MCO-BWI SWA4303

2 Likes

Friday I’ll be arriving at 6:05pm in Orlando :)

Friday, June 7, 2019
SWA104 | WN104 - Boeing 737-800
KMHT - KMCO (Non-Stop)
2:55pm departure time

Sunday, June 9, 2019
SWA4084 | WN4084
KMCO - KMHT (Non-Stop)
1:15pm Departure time

5 Likes

Arriving Thursday June 6th leaving Sunday June 9th

Flight info:

KPHL-KMCO (non-stop)

AA1993 | A321

Departing at 7:44am
Arriving at 10:13am

KMCO-KPHL (non-stop)

AA1899 | A321

Departing at 9:19am
Arriving at 11:48am

4 Likes

DTW —> MCO nonstop on a 757. DL2869 w/ a 8:19 PM arrival on Thursday of the 6th.
MCO —> DTW nonstop on the same 757. DL1246 w/ a 12:05 PM departure on Monday of the 10th.

Delta is love, Delta is life.

4 Likes

If anyone can get me out of school, on a flight, and to the doors, I’ll be happy to say I’m coming :(

5 Likes

Dang, I can’t be there but it would sound so fun! I’m flying to Vancouver on Saturday though but that only makes me further from you guys 😢

3 Likes

Wish I could come but I live all the way in Australia! Plus it’s really expensive for flights, now I’m wishing Qantas had already started it’s non-stop flights. 😂

2 Likes

Don’t complain. I’ll have to be up at 3 for DEN-MCO and tomorrow at 4 for work.

3 Likes

I hope IF devs will release some updates for these days. Thats just a wish, could be real or could stay as a dream. But it would bring success us.

😊

2 Likes

I would’ve come, but I need to start saving up for college so I can’t waste (not really a waste)money on the Expo.Have fun guys! Hopefully I will be there next year

2 Likes

What happened to the London meetup?

2 Likes

Still happening. June 15th

3 Likes