flight screen recorder stops.

Its been second consecutive time. that when i try to record a flight. it stops by itself somewhere around 1 hour into the flight. and i just can’t get the recording of my approach. i record in timelapse mode. please help. and can anyone suggest how can i record ATC voice also as i see in many videos. I use an andorpid version on google pixel.

1 Like

I think that whenever you try to record, it’s too much too handle and the app force closes I’m assuming. How are you recording flights? Also, does it ever happen without recording flight? Remember to. -Reboot phone before flights
-Clear Ram
- Close all background apps

1 Like

I have a pixel too and have not had issues. Make sure you have enough free space.

1 Like

via inapp infinite flight recorder. and i"ve plenty of free storage. and i always make sure that there is no background app running when i launch infinite flight. i generally happens in long hauls. just around 1 hour into the flight.

1 Like

When you say it stops, are you saying recording stops or Infinite Flight stops?

1 Like

recording stops. flight continues. and it doesn’t notify me also. i get to know when i see the recording that it stopped mid flight.

1 Like

Sometimes, IF third parties can make the game be a little more laggy, heat up phone, and possibly cause app to crash. However that’s not a problem on all phones, I don’t have a pixel but that’s happened to me before. I guess it depend on the device you are running but since @Chris_S has that same device, he can better assist you than I can.:-)

Although I cannot attest to android device, I can confirm that this happens with IOS devices. The operating system tells the video to stop after a certain amount of time, regardless of if you have enough space or not. It’s just how IOS works. Maybe its the same with android?

1 Like

ohk. can someone suggest a third party app to record screen with atc audio.

So you are using Android and using the recording that is built into Infinite Flight? You are not seeing a message but when you look at the video it stops after an hour.

There may be a system imposed time limit if it is happening on iOS too. Let us check into it.

AZ Screen Recorder is what I have uses that records sound too.

3 Likes

Hello Niks!

Just how much storage are we talking about? Reason I’m asking is because plenty for you, might be very little for some :)

1 Like

Hey dude,
Can I just enquire as to whether you are using the first generation Google Pixel or the second generation?
It’ll allow us to further assist you,
Myself and Chris both own pixel devices so we can get some results ourselves,
Regards

Also note that in timelapse mode, your video will not be the same length as your flight. I flew a two hour flight to Vegas and the video itself was a fracton of that (due to the time lapse)

1 Like

goggle pixel 1st gen. 32 gb model. i’ve about 9.8 gb free space. ram os almost empty since i disable all running app like whatsapp and others before making a long haul. and i know timelapse recording will be fraction. but looking at the recording i always have flight time active in my status bar. so i can tell when it stopped. it is around one hour into flight.