Flight Reviews - Post your Reviews Here!

Hello community!
A month or so back, I posted my flight reports to the “IF logbook thread”. Since many people post short quick messages on there with little to no info or images, I realised it was time to make a thread where members of the community can publish fully-fledged flight reports and reviews (screenshots required).

Here are something of mine I did recently:

**EGKK-LSGS**

Wonderful views through colourful mountain ranges. The French countryside soon meets with the alps, and before you know it, after a short channel crossing, you’re there.

• Scenery: 9/10 - Unmissable views throughout.
  • Gameplay: 8/10 - Perfect experience, but LSGS often has adverse conditions, especially around Christmastime. Watch out!
  • Originality: 9/10 - I have seen a few people do this route, but not many.

**EDDM-LOWW**

Stunning European countryside, and glorious mountainous terrain. A nice easy route to do if you have some time to spare.

16 Likes

Awesome idea! I love it! Will defiantly be posting reports in here 🙂

4 Likes

Yes, but this thread isn’t for logging your flights, it is for reviewing them in-depth, and providing route ideas to the rest of the community.

I understand your preference of centralising things, but people on the log book tend to slap together generic sunset screenshots and basic route info, and nothing more.

5 Likes

Can’t wait! Remember to use the same writing structure to keep things consistent. I don’t want this to turn into a duplicate of IF logbook.

2 Likes

An awesome idea not only to get some route ideas but to see what they’re like. Kudos to you!

2 Likes

Thanks! Thats the aim of the topic. Glad it was worthwhile making it.

1 Like

Would be cool if it was like people submitted routes and made a poll for them in stars from 1 - 10. And the rest of the community voted on it and whatever star rating got the highest number of votes gets that star and gets placed on the original post like a wiki on the top. That way the whole community chooses what routes are the best and not a individual. :)

0 voters

1 Like

You can actually use this type of poll:

0 voters

1 Like

Remember to get screenshots of your flights!

Remember to enable Antialiasing, Enable all the hide options in the Live tab, Enable “hide status bar” and set HUD timeout to 2 secs in the General tab. That way you get uninterrupted screenshots!

Oh and wait for the HUD and status bar timeout before screenshotting!

How do you do that???

You just select the type of poll to a number selection poll.

2 Likes

Here is my new Flight Review; hope you enjoy!

VHHH - ZGHA

Lavish hills gently sprinkled by roads and small villages. Breathtaking from the air! Easy flying, and consistent hilly scenery.

• Scenery: 7/10 - It’s easy on the eyes, as it is consistent, but if you are the kind of person that likes to watch the flight, then this journey just might not be for you.
  • Gameplay: 9/10 - Easy takeoff, easy landing. Nice and therapeutic and a great flight to do while being occupied with something else for the cruise.
  • Originality: 10/10 -I have not seen anyone on this route ever.

imageimage

Poll - Rate this flight:

0 voters

Oh my god Capt. TC! Do you know the exact waypoints you flown? I would like to fly that beautiful route! LMK If you are able to send me some of the waypoints to fly that route

1 Like

I flew it direct. No waypoints involved except VHHH ZGHA .

1 Like

Another addition to Flight Reviews:

CYVR-CYEG

Unmissable departure from Vancouver, which whisks you away into the snowpeaked mountains that lie nearby. Reccomended for anyone, however you need to make a pretty steep limb out of CYVR to be able to make the route direct.

• Scenery: 9/10 - Beautiful views, but not very varied.
  • Gameplay: 8/10 - Relatively tricky departure from CYVR, not for the inexperienced, however the approach into CYEG is easy peasy.
  • Originality: 10/10 - I haven’t seen anyone on this route.

Poll - Rate this flight:

0 voters

LSZH - LERS
Summary

A mountainous route (like most on here) but highly varied scenery. Towering peaks out of Zurich that soon flatten out to rolling French hills. On approach to Reus you see the dry, desert-like views of Spain.

Reccomended Aircraft, Livery and Altitude

Reccomended Aircraft: Boeing 717-200 Quantum Air / Spanair Livery
Reccomended Altitude: 40,000FT (sounds high, but the 717 makes it up there easily!)

Ratings
  • Scenery: 9/10 - mountains, countryside and hot, sandy beaches.
  • Gameplay: 8/10 - Fun to do, but the mountains out of Zurich can become repetitive after a while.
  • Originality: 10/10 - The Quantum Air livery and the Spanair livery are rarely used, and the route is too.
Flight Time

1 Hour

Photos

Here is another review for the community. I ordered it all in dropdown menus for you guys. Enjoy!

POLL - Rate this Flight:

0 voters

In your reports you need/should add flight time. That would be much appreciated.

1 Like
YSSY - YSTW
Summary

Luscious green hills, Tropical beaches and a stunning YSSY departure. Reccomended to anyone who loves bright, vivid scenery.

Reccomended Aircraft, Livery and Altitude

Reccomended Aircraft: Bombardier Dash 8-Q400
Reccomended Altitude: 22,000FT

Ratings
  • Scenery: 10/10 - Jagged hills, tropical shores and wonderful natural features.
  • Gameplay: 8/10 - Great fun, but depending on the time Sydney can become crowded.
  • Originality: 10/10 - This route, as far as I have seen, is left untouched.
Flight Time

40 Minutes

Photos

Happy flying!

POLL - Rate this Flight:

0 voters

love the idea. I often wonder what some routes are like.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.