Flight Review | American Airlines 787-9 Business Class Los Angeles to Tokyo

Thought I’d share a recent review I created of American Airlines’ business class from Los Angeles to Tokyo Haneda. Enjoy!

Video:

[Flight Information]

• Aircraft: Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner
  • Airline: American Airlines
  • Date: Early June 2019
  • Flight Time: 10 hours 30 minutes
  • To: Tokyo Haneda International Airport (HND)
  • Seat: 6L

American Airlines uses the Collins Aerospace Super Diamond business class seat on its 787-9 and select 777-200 aircraft. This is similar to the ones found on Xiamen Air’s 787-9, Hainan Airlines, Virgin Australia, China Airlines, Qatar Airways, Air Canada, Hong Kong Airlines, Air China, and a few others.

This was truthfully one of the best flights I’ve had. Solid seats, great food. Check out the video for further details including the takeoff/landing.

Interestingly, and in a way unfortunately, this flight (AA26) was upgauged to the 777-300ER about three days after I took this flight. It would’ve been nice to try that out.

12 Likes

Very nice flight review, hope you had lots of fun flying in a 787-9! Btw how was your flight to Anchorage?

1 Like

That is a very good quality trip report! Very nice!

1 Like

Ahh, too bad you couldn’t get on the 777. I flew that route myself, but when American only had 787-8’s. It was a surprisingly good flight! In bulkhead seats in economy lol. I still have the blanket. I watched your video a while ago. Looks great!

1 Like

It was great, first time on the A321neo.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.