Flight planning

I want to know what steps you take to plan your flight.
More then in game. I want to know aside from the actual FPL that you file in game what sites you use to make your FPL as real as possible. From wind (Windy.com my usual use) to arrival. I’m trying to make things more planned as I flew into Denver recently and didnt know the flight path to take with the mountains.

1 Like

What I do is pick random waypoints where my airport is.

Like if I was flying KLAX-KSFO

Waypoint at 25R, Waypoint in the departure line of 25R, Middle waypoint, Waypoint of arrival line at KSFO runway, KSFO runway waypoint, KSFO

Or I’ll search up the flight plan the airline uses and I’ll use that

2 Likes

I start off with FPLtoIF which gives me my basic flight plan. It usually gives me a SID or a STAR, but not always both. I usually check out charts online using vau.aero and add any extra waypoints needed my flight plan once I spawn in. Then I check windy to see if I will be likely to encounter turbulence. IF assistant gives me my v speeds and I manually calculate PAX and fuel:)

2 Likes

https://fpltoif.com/simbrief Is a excellent site to get a great flight plan including passengers, cargo, & fuel.

3 Likes

Always fpltoif.com, nothing else.

3 Likes

Sometimes FPLoIF generates some 💩 FPLs so I either go through it and add more reasonable waypoints or I makr the whole thing myself.

2 Likes

Where is the turbulence on windy I havent found anything about turbulence I can only see winds. Or can you tell turbulence off of wind sorry for ignorance

Windy won’t show you turbulence. Only complex software that airlines use may be able to predict it. But anywhere with a strong headwind or crosswind might have the possibility for turbulence. But you can’t really predict it.

1 Like

Usually if there are higher winds there’s more chance that there will be turbulence 👍
I’m pretty sure it’s not a setting in windy

1 Like

I recommend using charts u can always find them on google and I also use simbrief even though it’s used for x plane I just look at the charts and add the waypoints

1 Like

How do you add waypoints into a FPL that is already in your NAV?

1 Like

I use skyvector actually. It has latest us charts
Also it will show sigmet warnings such as severe turbulence.

3 Likes

U edited it in your flight plan in IF

@Altaria55 what do you mean?

Like add waypoints when u already did your flight plan

U use the arrows to switch the waypoints order with out having to delete them to re add them

And u click the dot to delete the waypoint

Yeh the line sorry that’s what I meant. With the arrows you can rearrange waypoints, not add new ones in between @AviatorGamerYT

Yea once u add them they’re going to be at the bottom of the flight plan then u use the arrows to put it where u want to

1 Like

Oh yeahhhhhh☝️
I’m so silly😂😂

1 Like