Flight planning series | Part 1 Route information

Using sinbrief in global has left many short handed. Just throwing that out there.

4 Likes

Really? Why is that? :(

I’m sure this was probably answered in one of the other 1.7M posts about the global update, but I digress… Are most/all NAV points going to exist in most of the more major airport regions in the update? We know currently some are missing, but to make it more realistic with STAR’s and SID’s we obviously would need it to be close to accurate for the most part. I’m just curious if any testers have any feedback to help quench my thirst.

2 Likes

Check Here to see where they are at with that.

1 Like

Not sure some have used it with success others haven’t.

@Brandon_Sandstrom You’re the man, Thanks! I honestly cant keep up with all of these details. They catch me at work on IFC all the time trying to read posts lol

1 Like

Then I hope you know that the fuel is measured in kgs, and not lbs right? :P

In Part 4 I’ll show you how to plan for fuel :)

2 Likes

Pfft we don’t do that metric crap here 😂

2 Likes

facepalm. No wonder you guys haven’t been able to use it then.

4 Likes

I second simbrief - works great :). If I recall correctly you can change the units to lbs before generating the OFP. Only issue I have with it is that it seems to always plan for a flight at FL250 or FL260… :(

3 Likes

Yep! Oh, which flight type are you filing with?

Flight type? I wonder if the issue is that I pick cruising profile CI which is the default.

I appreciate the info guys however I’m not trying to tech people to plug in the route and have it done for them. I myself have not used Sim brief. I plan out own flights and have never had a issue. So let’s not bring Sim brief into this anymore, as it’s just going to confuse people on what I’m trying to teach them.

4 Likes

Sorry @Brandon_Sandstrom - that’s indeed off topic.

2 Likes

Axel turned me on to this it’s free and includes them Apple Google. These will also be included in Part 3.

2 Likes

You also have to pay money for SimBrief.

2 Likes

No you don’t. Simbrief is 100% free and requires no download

2 Likes

That’s good and strange cause when I looked at them I needed a subscription which costed money. Anyways, thanks for the info!

Does anybody know whether there’s a nice app where one can punch in a flight route? Maybe something that runs alongside IF, a bit like IF Flight Assistant or IF Passengers. I’d like to be able to write the FIX or VOR, and for the flight route to display on the screen, much like happens in real life.

I remember back in the days, there was a very simple tool (simpleFMC for FS2004) with a single red line for the flight plan, and a simple toolbox to type in the navaid.

If there is nothing like this around, maybe a good idea for some developers (e.g. @epaga and @Cameron) to look into

Thanks!