Flight Plan Sync Mode

Hey check out @Brandon_Sandstrom 's series on flight planning for this great simulator (we prefer to call IF a simulator rather than a game). As far as having canned or a database of FPL’s that takes away from the realism of a pilots list of preflight duties. Brandon’s tutorials help simplify this process. Also check this topic out too.

3 Likes

I don’t imagine FPLs being too hard to make, you can search for WPTs and provided that you have a real life flight up and open on your desktop it shouldn’t be too big of a problem.

3 Likes

Searching for Waypoints is hard for example I want to fly from Lahore or Dubai to Toronto
The flight plan will be long and hard to make
It’ll take 15 min to even plan it and then there is the risk of mistakenly deleting the fpl
So it’s better to sync it
The flight plans are already made on these apps just add the Departing and Arrival airport name and it’ll give you fpls

2 Likes

I believe that there is going to be a revamped map and waypoints search with the Global Update too.

3 Likes

I’ve read the post
But it can be hard for people to understand it as it has many parts
My idea is of a sync mode so that people can just add departure and Arrival airports in the apps or site such as flightplandatabase and they’ll get the different routes often used in real life and by other simulators

Yes we will be able to search them but making a full plan is different
How will you know a waypoints name on a route you’ve never flown before?

You can google the route on FlightAware.com and you can see the FPL filed.

2 Likes

I believe that this topic has been brought up a few times before.

I use LiveFlight Connect on Windows to import my FPLs from Flightplandatabase.org into Infinite Flight. Pretty handy when you are lazy

3 Likes

If you don’t have 15 minutes to plan your flight perhaps you shouldn’t depart anyway.

I’d advise againced this. Just because a route is used for a particular flight doesn’t mean it’s the most applicable one to the time you’re flying. Proper flight planning in global is key.

If you read part 1 of the flight planning series you would have your awnser.

Don’t try to short cut it. You may find yourself in the middle of the ocean. ✌️

4 Likes

I like to use SkyVector for VATSIM, but Infinite Flight on the other hand… I see his point.

1 Like

The idea was simply for a sync mode
Not all the players are experienced pilots like us
Sometimes pilots feel lazy
This is to provide this facility to everyone

1 Like

With some of the programs and tutorials that are presently offered within this community, laziness could be overcome through some perseverance and a willingness to learn 😉

2 Likes

😂😂 and still they don’t
How will you show these tutorials to the community if they’re not even willing to learn
People go for the simpler way

There will always be those that take shortcuts in any trade but a considerable portion of the community institutes a “lead by example” mindset or there are the “I’m willing and able” that emulate some of our prominent members by paralleling the Infinite Flight experience with replication of realism in mind.

1 Like

This would be extremely complicated, as I don’t believe any of these sites have an API it would require webscraping which is hell, and also can go horrible wrong

1 Like

How do you import the decode route into IF?

1 Like

You’ll just have to have a look at part 4 when it posts 😉

2 Likes

Waiting with anticipation… 😀

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.