Flight plan for military aircrafts

Is the flight plan for the military aircrafts ( fighter jets, cargo etc…) the same as a civil aviation when they move to another place?

2 Likes

They won’t fly to public airports unless they have to. They more authority in some countries. Some times they will change their callsigns depending on what they are doing and transporting

When mid air refuelling they have special flight plans or when taking parts in events. I’m not the really the person to ask however @Nate_Schneller would be a good person to ask since he’s a F22 lover

1 Like

When I’ve looked at IG stories from people like John “Rain” Waters during his term as Viper Demo Pilot, he does indeed use foreflight. Looks like a normal flight plan. He just uses VORs in between. For the trash haulers like the C-17 and 130s, It would also be similar. Note that this is in the case of a peace time scenario

2 Likes

KPSM both a military base with all sorts of military action and it’s a commercial airport

I have known of many many military aircrafts flying peaceful missions, and landing on civilian airport (talking about c130 and other thansport aircrafts). Peace prevailing in many countries… they do have then normal flight plans

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.