Flight Plan Database

What we need is a site where you can plan your flight and then this is able to be uploaded direct into IF to save time on searching for the different waypoints.

4 Likes

That would be extremely helpful. However, that is beyond and out of my league.

4 Likes

I totally agree with you David. This is pretty much the only thing that annoys me about IF. I like to use ForeFlight for my US flights and SimBrief for my international flights. After building my FPL, it takes forever to zoom into the map on IF and try to find the same waypoints. A search feature would also be nice if possible.

4 Likes

Just use LiveFlight connect on PC. You can load up a flight plan from Flight Plan Database and set it as your flight plan in IF. Or you can create your own FPL inside of LiveFlight. From there you can choose to fly it as you normally would or use LiveFlight’s AutoNAV (LNAV) capabilities. Aren’t I right, @Cameron? ;)

2 Likes

That’s great if you use your PC. One of the reasons I love and use IF over other Flight sims is that I am no where close to my PC…often I am traveling for work.

3 Likes

You are correct - perhaps expect more flight plan tools coming soon (inspired by my experience on global so far) :)

5 Likes

Oooh. Sounds interesting…

1 Like

Any thoughts of making it a true app for those of us who don’t use PCs so much…?

2 Likes

It’s already on iOS though? More features will come soon, hopefully :)

4 Likes

I don’t really find the benefit of having LiveFlight Connect on iOS. You would have to keep on exiting the app to set waypoints, AutoNAV, etc. And you can’t connect joysticks straight to iOS devices either; wasn’t that the whole point of LiveFlight Connect?

1 Like

That was the original idea for LiveFlight Connect, @AR_AR very kindly contributed his AutoNav code including this FPL feature to add a few more features on to the Windows version.

I’m not planning on implementing AutoNav on other platforms now as I believe it will eventually be made obsolete by Infinite Flight. However, the ability to set flight plans, share them, have suggested routes… :)

4 Likes

Does the LiveFlight App have an ability to load a flight plan into it and push it over to IF? I think that is what David was alluding to. That would be great in my opinion.

Example-
Build flight plan in SimBrief and save it to the cloud drive of your choice.
Bring up LiveFlight connect to Infinite Flight
Open the flight plan in LiveFlight
Push to IF

3 Likes

You can build a flight plan using Flight Plan Database inside of LiveFlight connect then send it over to IF

1 Like

Ah, I didn’t realize it was called LiveFlight Connect. I meant “Bring up LiveFlight iOS app - then connect to IF”. This would keep everything mobile.

Still I didn’t realize you could just do that without the need of flying from the PC, I will have to give it a try tonight. Thanks for the tip.

2 Likes

Bookmarked for future reference :) Thanks

2 Likes

That’s my plan for a future update - do you think you would be able to PM me a sample from SimBrief so I can take a look? Cheers!

3 Likes

It is very interesting to read about loading my flight plan through liveflight connect, but until now, I couldn’t find out how to import flightplan to live flight connect and then to infinite flight. Could someone write a small how-to for use on mac? that would be helpful

Not available on macOS at this time, just Windows… sorry.

1 Like

Wait some time and something special will be realesed 😏

2 Likes

Are you hinting at something in the works? 😳

1 Like