Flight Plan Database

I would like to begin by saying that this is not a topic speculating global.

With that out of the way, I found a site that allows you to download flight plans that can be shared with anyone. Now, you don’t have to download it but you can save it for future use when you don’t want to boot up the internet. For example: You create a flight plan from PHNL to KJFK. You select climb, cruise, and descent rates and speeds. Once you do all of this, it gives you a lay out of physical waypoints along the flight path based on the parameters that you have selected. The goal of this post is to create an initiative to get you guys aware of this site, unless you’re already familiar with it, and help create routes that you plan on flying for global.

I have seen a few posts throughout the last few weeks of people asking for input about what routes that we’re all planning to fly. To help alleviate some of that congestion, I have created a tag specific for the global flight update. I have labeled the tag "InfiniteFlightGlobal". It’s pretty straight forward. If you want to look up a route, simply type in the tag, and if the route shows up great! If not, it would be appreciated if you could create the route for others to use down the road. Using this tag will let others know that another IF member has created the route. I will include the link for the site. Everything is free, just an account is needed to gain access. Let me know if you have questions. I have attached a screenshot of what you should see once you click on the link.

25 Likes

I personally use Simbrief to create my FPL’s on P3D, I’ll have to check this one out!

5 Likes

I did this topic and they shut me down

1 Like

Odd. I didn’t see yours until you mentioned it. I must’ve worded things a different way. I think the main difference is that I did not ask others how they’re preparing for global as it’s a commonly asked question in the forum. The other thing is that there are other topics where photos can be shared. The mods don’t enjoy it when there are 50 topics asking for others to share their pictures.

2 Likes

i second that statement

1 Like

True. I guess you’re right

1 Like

Simbrief is great, but I think its a bit too complex for what we have in IF. FlightPlanDatabase (FPD) is more of a place to share the flight plans created by others. At least that’s what I take away from it, and not as much as the takeoff times and alternate airports, and other data that simbrief contains. The thing that I like about FPD the most is that it gives you a map of where the waypoints are in relation to your intended flight.

2 Likes

Works good, but seems a little inefficient. I put it KDEN-VHHH and it gave me a strange route. It had me turning every 100 or so miles, with 74 waypoints. Had me South of Tokyo, but turned back up into North Korea. I’ll keep trying it, maybe it’s a one time error.

Ahh I see, your totally right about the complexity of simbrief, and the inablity to share flight plans kind of does suck, but simbrief takes current ATIS information and implements it into your flight plan so ATC isn’t amending your route, in this case, that doesn’t really matter though ;)

*consider this liked, I’ve ran out of likes for today :)

1 Like

i personally use simbrief because it gives you fuel calculations and it would be especially useful in IF since we don’t have a fmc yet

I like the fuel calculation aspect. That is one thing that is not included. @Kevin The weather is taken into account as well. Not sure if it’s a snapshot of the weather when the plan was made or if it’s updated when the plan is opened.

2 Likes

I never actually used the fuel calculator on simbrief (I believe that is what you’re talking about above :) I use a separate fuel calculator that gives me the gross weight of reserve, left/right side, and overall fuel usage. As far as I know, when the plan is created, that is when the weather is recorded into the FPL :)

2 Likes

I have tried it out! It works well!

1 Like

I’m glad. Check your PM.

2 Likes

What we need is a site where you can plan your flight and then this is able to be uploaded direct into IF to save time on searching for the different waypoints.

4 Likes

That would be extremely helpful. However, that is beyond and out of my league.

4 Likes

I totally agree with you David. This is pretty much the only thing that annoys me about IF. I like to use ForeFlight for my US flights and SimBrief for my international flights. After building my FPL, it takes forever to zoom into the map on IF and try to find the same waypoints. A search feature would also be nice if possible.

4 Likes

Just use LiveFlight connect on PC. You can load up a flight plan from Flight Plan Database and set it as your flight plan in IF. Or you can create your own FPL inside of LiveFlight. From there you can choose to fly it as you normally would or use LiveFlight’s AutoNAV (LNAV) capabilities. Aren’t I right, @Cameron? ;)

2 Likes

That’s great if you use your PC. One of the reasons I love and use IF over other Flight sims is that I am no where close to my PC…often I am traveling for work.

3 Likes

You are correct - perhaps expect more flight plan tools coming soon (inspired by my experience on global so far) :)

5 Likes