Flight Plan Autonav

Any issues that anyone has creating flight plans

No issues at all. What’s your question?

I just starter with if. When I create my flight plan as per many videos it is still not right. The plan looks OK but when I takeoff and set the auto pilot the plane just keeps flying straight out until it runs out of bounds and crashes.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

As far as I know the Flight Plan and autopilot are not coupled. therefore you have to watch your progress and change you headings, altitude, speeds etc manually to stay on track.

1 Like

As @bugdriver said you manually have to input headings etc. If you want an auto nav type of thing I suggest you check this post out :) LiveFlight Connect for Windows - now available!

3 Likes

What is the purpose of autopilot then? I thought you manully insert your heading. Is waypoints and destination airport,runway,altitude etc take off and set autopilot and the aircraft automatically takes control.

Oli H - The autopilot system that is embedded into Infinite Flight, does not offer an auto nav system/feature. Currently a pilot must manually change his headings, by holding down the HDG box and selecting a new heading. :)

Luckily, thanks to another company known as Live Flight. We have a system in which does the auto nav feature for us! Sadly this add on feature to live flight is only available for Windows users:

To answer your other question: What is the point.

It’s point is to allow pilots to take there hands off the wheel and relax. For a flight to maintain an altitude, heading, speed and safe descent/ascent rate. This system is used in real world aviation. Sadly the simulator version does not include every single auto pilot feature as of yet.

1 Like

Autonav and autopilot are 2 different things. Don’t be confused. We have autopilot in IF, not autonv as yet.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.