Flight log (3)

Flight Log (2). 1506022013Z; Drove Sofie today in the SoCal high desert out of March AFB on a 150 mile orbit with Palm Springs as the pivot. Checked in with SoCal Approch VFR on departure and went for the wild blue younder. Step up by 5 grand increments till I hit FL400 60 miles NE of the Springs when the equipment bay opened heading for FL500. Into the Mach numbers by then when the speed bleed set in. Sofie does’nt like it above FL425 and let’s you know it! Particularly if you don’f fly her regularly and take the time to nurse her into the ozon. Stepped down slowly for a non-ILS recovery at the Springs with Very efficant ATC hand offs all the way. Palm Springs ATIS was on the air at 30 miles so I had Wx and the actives number with a turn of the dial. (No Select/De-select Maps to check/correct the Flight Plan with an ATIS Feed. ATIS is another IF well thought out innovation like TCAS’s symbol color changes). With a hot turn at the Springs I was off to the ADIZ boundary off San Clemente. Following very efficient handoff from some very bizee ATC’s up and down the coast I hit the Island straight in VFR for another Hot turn and RON at Dago. All went well out of the Island except It appeared Ground was out of his element poor guy. There was a 2 way flow on this bizee stations taxiway with planes going every which way. Lots of folk payed no attention to the Ground Controller. I even had a 737 and F-14 run thru me as I held awaiting a go at the actives threshold stop line. About that time I said the hell with it an bailed out. I would have preferred my usual reprisal and attempted an airborne ram on those youngsters just for the heck of it. (Great fun and a challenge on the Playground if ya creep up on the boogies.). Had my Studi make some Coffey took a break than I loaded up the Caravan and flew short fields (grass & composites) down under and along the Streights of Malacca. I fly the Caravan like a “Porter” on these STOL runs. It brings back memories of my many hops between Marble Mountain and the Rose Gardan as a courier and kicker on the Air America Shuttle back in the day. An hour or two on IF everyday gets my juices flowing, it’s like a class room and a trip down memory lane. Max Sends

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I’m shocked! I thought I was playing with the big kids! Lesson Learned! I’ll try and clean up the act and consider other "sensitivity " in future. Tell me Junkie was does being “Flagged” mean?

Edit completed. Pls see correction… Regards Max Sends

Odiously i’m not politically correct and have run afoul of one of those liberal niches I’ve tryed so hard to avoid. The Flight Log and my narratives will close this date. Terrible sorry I did not meet your high editorial standards. I’ll use the KISS principle in all brief future posts and focus on technical matters only. Have a nice life Mr. Harrison and give my warm regards to Phil again for his previous complementary post. Good Day, Max Sends

1 Like

1 Like

Guys, I am not sure @Maxmustang is insulting anyone here; unless I am mistaken, it is all part of his story narrative and is not addressed to anyone in particular.

@Maxmustang just consider that we have a lot of kids who could be reading :smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for the intercession and clarification Phiiippe. The manner in which Junk came up lead me to believe he was an authority figure or an IF Staffy. I’ll restart my narratives soonest and tone down my reteric in consideration of the sensitivity of those who choose to follow a road less traveled or that leads to far to the “left”. IF forever in fair and faul Wx. Regards Max Sends

2 Likes

@AviationJunkie while other word could be used, this was not directed at anyone and part of a narrative. See it as role playing if you would like.

@Maxmustang maybe include a small disclaimer at the beginning of your posts to make it more clear what they are about.

1 Like

I like @Maxmustang’s character. Variety of vocabulary with a twist of “whatever” :stuck_out_tongue:

Just so I know who or what you are in this little IF Universe; Are you the designated hitter, this forums paid monitor or just a player like me who want to be “helpful” by appliyIng your interpretation of civil discourse? If your not a paid member of staff to be candid I believe you overstepped by entering in to this thread after Mr. Rollins establish the ground rules. If you are a paid staff member learn a lesson here, never enter into a conversation by you betters unless invited. If you want insult junk step uninvited into this thread again.

2 Likes

Removed by author. Flagging noted.

Sounds amazing. After the classic airliners, the tiny STOL aircraft are my next favorite.
Trying to perform a STOL takeoff with a Cessna 208 Caravan at one of the teeny airports in the Hawaiian region is a hell of a lot of fun, especially when taking off towards the hills :) .

Keep these stories coming.

I’m sure he wasn’t interested in a personal attack-Just trying to let some anger loose. A bit overdone in my opinion, but nothing very harmful.

Best, Boeing707

Thank for the smile Boeing. Spent 4 yrs with MAG-24 out of MCAS Kaneohe, Got my AO tickets there in OV-10’s and TA-4’s and gunner skins on the UH-1N.
Loved flyin in those island particularly on the Big Island,made the beef and flower run up to Spiveys in Hilo every Friday for a year. Have been following you on these pages. You do good work! Regards, Max Sends

1 Like