Flight Level confusion

Hey!

Im a lil bit confused. I started a flight from Los Angeles to Sydney on a Virgin Australia B77W last night and i distinctly remember flying to FL360. Anyways, i went to sleep and woke up and now im at FL330. Im not sure what happened because i REALLY remember hitting FL360 so im not sure if this is an issue or not

if anyone has any advice on why this might’ve happened that would be great :)

1 Like

Was VNAV on?

2 Likes

highly unlikely as there was no FL330 in my fpl

1 Like

Ok. Might have been a bug or something. Just to check, you were looking at ASL to check ur altitude? Just checking

1 Like

I was looking at the HUD view and it read 36000 and now its 33000

1 Like

Ok. No clue then. Sorry

1 Like

thanks you anyways :)

1 Like

Could you share the replay with us? It would be the easiest way to find out what happened and I would look further into it if you do!

1 Like

roger that, i am currently en route. when i’ve landed, i’ll share the replay if thats ok :)

1 Like

Ok sounds good! I will be waiting have a good flight!

1 Like

Have you looked at live flight on your flight path? Maybe there might have been a moment where you descended, based on the colour of the line.

1 Like

Hm, Looks like it was purple the entire time.

1 Like

i know which just makes me confused

1 Like

maybe if it suddenly descended then there wouldnt be a change in colour?

Maybe 3,000ft isn’t significant enough for it to change color.

1 Like

it could’ve really slowly descended over a larger amount of time so it wouldn’t have changed colour right away. anyway, once i’ve landed, i’ll share the replay and can see what actually happened. Very weird indeed

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.