Flight Lessons

I may be starting flight lessons within the coming months. Are there any real world pilots (I’m looking at you Aernout) that can give me sone pointers for my first flight? I mean I have experience in a full motion sim, so I have a little knowledge of the Cessna 172SP (G1000 version).

@Aernout @Brandon_Sandstrom @matt

Take a camera. Get to know your instructor. I’ve been working on my Private Pilot Cert since September. I have about 20 hours and my first couple of solo flights under my belt. Also if you can find a ground school to get into DO IT! You’re gonna love it. Hope you’ve saved some money cause you’re gonna spend it fast!!!

2 Likes

Enjoy, that’s all I remember what I was told for my first lesson just enjoy :).

Can’t help you much with other stuff it’s been almost 9 years ago I finished my single engine piston training.

Good luck and share us some pics :D

1 Like

@Maverick @Aernout thanks for your support. Only thing is I’m not sure when I’ll start. Good thing is I will probably already know my future instructor!

1 Like

Enjoy it and breath it’s easier then it seems. I only have about 7 hours under my belt but each time you go up you get more comfortable. Just remember to steer with your feet your hands are useless on the ground :) that one took me a minute

2 Likes

Remain calm and as @Aeronaut said enjoy yourself

@The_simulation_nerd… I wish you great joy! Print and date a copy of the following poem and place it in your first Log Book. Refer to it when you’re feeing overwhelmed with theory! Your about to join a select group of special individuals some call “Aviators”:

High Flight

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I’ve climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
Of sun-split clouds, — and done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of — wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Hov’ring there,
I’ve chased the shouting wind along, and flung
My eager craft through footless halls of air. . . .

Up, up the long, delirious burning blue
I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace
Where never lark, or ever eagle flew —
And, while with silent, lifting mind I’ve trod
The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

— John Gillespie Magee, Jr