Flight hours

I’m about to start flight school and I want to know how are other people are doing, how many flight hours do everyone who else in training have

3 Likes

I have no hours, but if you don’t do the ground school, you can’t get in the left seat.
But I will start my PPL pilot training soon, and hopefully become an airline pilot later.

2 Likes

I did a one ground lesson

In real life, I have 12 hours in a Cessna 172 by taking flying lessons. I’m aware that this doesn’t count but I do sit in the right seat constantly in the Cessna CJ4.

With training do your instructor try to let you land

Mine does. But keep in mind, I have a single instructor and I don’t learn through a flight school. The protocol for a Flight School may be different.

2 Likes

To earn your PPL, you will be trained to the point where you can do a solo flight, on your own, without the instructor. Thus landing and takeoff training is obviously given at some point. It wont be straight away though.

3 Likes

I did mine straight away but then again, that’s because my instructor is my dad’s pilot who knows about my love for flying but I think the flight schools wait a few lessons.

1 Like

That’s must be almost

I have over 25 hours and am about to solo. Try to get a lot more time in the air than on the ground. I went to a once a week ground school for 3 months and that’s it. My first lesson I did everything by myself with the instructor holding the controls for minor corrections and safety. Really push to allow the instructor to let you do things by yourself. Try to also stick with the same instructor. I’m at the point where my instructor lets me take off without even looking up from his kneeboard, you can get there by building trust with your instructor. Granted, I have a private instructor. Also, practice ATC comms!!! it really helps. A good instructor will let you make large (non-dangerous) mistakes. My 2 cents.

4 Likes

Yeah at me flight school they assigned me only one instructor so start to finsh my instructor is my instructor

1 Like

i suggest taking a look at this Pilot Training Advice. What I Know

Thank you for the tip

I’m going to college and flight school, I’m planning to be come a CFI right after graduation from high school

1 Like

You can’t just “decide” to become a CFI right after high school. Ignoring that you need a commercial and instrument rating, CFIs require an extensive knowledge base, lesson plans, and flight experience. With all of this said, the best flight instructors are the ones who take the time to learn all of the knowledge at every step of the way. Prior to applying for a CFI, these people will hone their teaching skills by practicing on their instructors and other students.

3 Likes

I will so what ever it take

What if I get a master’s in aviation

well the fact that you need to be 17 to get a PPL in the US and when you get that cert you will need to build time for your instrument and commercial rating and need to take the flight tests.

1 Like

Only got an hour, going to get some more this weekend.

1 Like

I have 26 hours of flight school done. My teacher let me land, with some help in the first flight lesson. I didn’t completely land by myself until 8 or so hours. But, it’s been a journey and now I can solo anytime I want (traffic pattern and maneuvers) and soon am allowed to solo within 25 miles of my airport. Recently siloed at a towered airport.