FLIGHT_G_YT’s ATC Tracking Thread - [CLOSED] @ N/A

Welcome to @FLIGHT_G_YT ATC tracking thread!

Hello fellow aviators, 👋
I would like to announce my first ever ATC tracking thread, first of all, thank you for taking time out of your day to read this thread, it’s an honor to have you aboard to see new sky’s.

Airport of the day!

My first airport when making an tracking thread will be OMDB 🎉🎉🎉 | OMDB is my home airport so why not, go with my main airport!

ATC Coverage?

TOWER and Ground will be available during this session. This session will take place on the training Server, make sure to be aware of your surroundings and Fly Safe!

Airport Diagram!

Below I will list the OMDB Airport diagram from their you can find missed approached altitude e.t.c.

ATC rules!

Be aware of your surroundings at all times while on the ground and in the air
If IFATC is present, ensure to properly follow every instruction given; if IFATC is not present, make sure to respectfully use the Unicom frequency
Maintain a safe distance with the aircraft around you (minimum of 3nm and 1000ft below 10000ft)
Last but not least, HAVE FUN!

If you have a question, don’t hesitate to ask!

Aviation Enthusiast

@FLIGHT_G_YT

5 Likes

Hey there! 🙂 Got a few points for you (D-SEBA):

• No need for progressive taxi at the beginning. The manual states to only use it “when absolutely necessary” e.g. if there are potential conflicts ahead. Also, you should always tell the aircraft to continue taxi at their own discretion once you’re done with progressive taxi instructions.

Strictly speaking, I would have had to wait after my first turn for your next instruction, which you never gave.

• Not quite sure why you held me on LUAW, but this was not necessary since there was no conflict. Just clear for takeoff right away if everything is clear.

• On pattern directions in option clearances (e.g. make left/right traffic): You should only include the direction in the clearance after a runway change or for inbound aircraft.

In the first clearance for 30L it was not needed, you already told me to make left traffic in my takeoff clearance.

After I changed to 30R, however, the pattern direction was missing.

• Your clearances after a touch and go are a bit too fast in my opinion. This is not a “mistake” but I would give pilots a bit of time (to ask for a change or departure) before clearing them for the next lap. Maybe wait until they’re turning crosswind. Otherwise, awkward situations like on my second lap may come up. 😅

• The pattern entry for right base 30R was not necessary. You already gave me a (good) pattern entry after the runway change request.

Maybe you wanted to tell me to turn base?

• Please don’t on-guard aircraft that are outside of your airspace. This can be very annoying for the pilot. A6-WWW was around 50NM away at FL150.

Other than that, you did a pretty good job! Feel free to tag me next time. Maybe we can get some more people in the pattern to make it a real challenge. 🙂

Cheers

3 Likes

Ok mate thx for coming thanks for the tips also! ☺️☺️

1 Like

Feel free to tag me next time you open!

1 Like

ATC Coverage?

TOWER and Ground will be available during this session. This session will take place on the training Server, make sure to be aware of your surroundings and Fly Safe!

Airport Diagram!

Below I will list the LPMA Airport diagram from their you can find missed approached altitude e.t.c.

ATC rules!

If IFATC is present, ensure to properly follow every instruction given; if IFATC is not present, make sure to respectfully use the Unicom frequency
Maintain a safe distance with the aircraft around you (minimum of 3nm and 1000ft below 10000ft)

Pattern Work Allowed ✅

| @sutterseba | @aviation_31 |

3 Likes

Feedback and explanations from F-LIER:

• First thing is there’s no need to give an after the option make X traffic with every clearance. Only give them once on takeoff or once on inbound aircraft unless you want the traffic direction to change.

• Was not sequenced behind Test Flight on my 4th and 5th lap. Each of those laps test flight was in front of me, so I should have been sequenced behind him. This also makes my option clearance invalid as you gave me #1, and I was #2.

• Last thing is my exit RWY was slightly early. Try to issue those under 70 knots but above 50. Mine was around 85.

Good session overall and I’m looking forward to seeing improvement on the next session. Feel free to tag me on any and all sessions when you open, and I’ll be more than happy to join.

Thanks and let me know if you have questions!

2 Likes

I’m confused you were irate in the pattern so you didn’t need a sequence?

Assuming you mean I was already in the pattern so I didn’t need an “after the option make X traffic” yes. You tell an aircraft “after the option make X traffic” on takeoff once and that’s it for all the patterns that they do. Or once for an inbound doing pattern work. But not more than once unless you are switching the traffic direction.

You could also mean since I was already in the pattern so I didn’t need a sequence. Every aircraft needs a sequence if there is an aircraft before them on every pattern, no matter what.

Give me a second and I will link a few manual sections to hopefully help.

1 Like

The manual can be found here.
I would recommend reading sections 3.3.1, 3.5.1, and especially 3.3.6.

1 Like

Agree with @aviation_31 on the points above and to add:

• Initial Attempt; received a pattern entry and clearance before I even announced on frequency…

• I was cleared number 1, and while turning base, F-LIER was then cleared number 1 while behind me and no re-sequence and clearance received. With the terrain limitations, that left me in a very challenging position of what escape paths were available had F-LIER turned in before me.

• Airport isn’t suited for this type of training session. Choose a more appropriate location next time.

Keep working at it, and feel free to tag me for the next one.

2 Likes

Hello, feel free to tag me next time you open!

1 Like

Hey feel free to tag me in future openings!

1 Like

ATC Coverage?

Airport Diagram!

Below I will list the OAKB Airport diagram from their you can find missed approached altitude e.t.c.

ATC rules!

Pattern Work Allowed ✅

| @sutterseba | @aviation_31 | @FN60fps | @IFMetier | @Michael_Sides1 |

1 Like

Unable to make this one, but continue to tag me in the future! Thanks!

1 Like

Runway 29 in use? @FLIGHT_G_YT

1 Like

Yup @FN60fps

• Should have been Left Traffic Pattern with 29 in use. Terrain in close proximity to the north requires climbing well above pattern altitude and a long route around.

• LUAW was not needed. I was ready for a rolling departure and no other traffic was present.

1 Like

Thx mate getting I’m getting better!
I promise no mistakes next time!

ATC Coverage?

Airport Diagram!

Below I will list the KOSH Airport diagram from their you can find missed approached altitude e.t.c.

ATC rules!

Pattern Work Allowed ✅

| @sutterseba | @aviation_31 | @FN60fps | @IFMetier | @Michael_Sides1 |

Tried to join twice now, you’re not open…

1 Like