Flight from Honolulu to Cape Town (Today Expert server)

Hey, I departed yesterday evening in Honulu and will arrive in about 4:40hrs in Cape Town my Problem is thqt i don’t have enough Fule my remaining Fule is 4:44 so when the ATC won’t let me land directly because there is much traffic. wher can i land near Cape Town.

Flight Infos:
Aircraft: 787-9
Flight Level: 390
ETE Dest: 4:40
Fuel Remaining: 4:44
Departed: Honulu
Planned Arrival: Cape Town

you can tell the ATC that you have little fuel left and it does not give you a lot of laps, the other option is to look for a nearby alternl airport

1 Like

Search for a nearby airport to land at which is able to handle a 787 on their runways. Be aware of the fact that you could be in an active airspace around Cape Town and ATC may on guard you.

Once you’re descending you’ll probably burn less fuel than climbing or cruising.
Since you’re only ~4:40 hours from the airport, the weather conditions may change and affect your fuel burn and speed. Also note that the aircraft gets slowly lighter as you’re still running with your engines on.

2 Likes

yeah thanks for this informations. when i am home again i will have 1-1:30 till i can start decent. i know that my plane will entre in few Minutes airspace wher it gets stron winds from its left side.Screenshot_20190710-153710

1 Like

Don’t know your exact location but FYWH could take a 787

1 Like

thats my current location

Oh ok no disregard I thought you’re coming from the North, from the South it’s farther to fly to FYWH than to FACT itself

yeah thats it when i call minimum fuel ATC will often say divert to nearest practical Airport but as i know at the moment FACT is the nearest for me or am i wrong ?

I think FACT is the nearest airport in your case but as it’s busy and loads of people are flying into FACT, i’d suggest to take a nearby airport that requires a ~8500ft runway length.

FAOB could be an option. East of Cape Town It has a 10000ft runway length.

1 Like

at the Left from FACT is FAYP an Airforce Base but it hase only an 5.200ft Runway thats short

okay Little update. I climbed from FL390 to FL470 now i have 2:33min Fuel Remaining and ETE Dest: 2:03 so when i start decent i can glied and will have some reserve more.

1 Like

That looks like you have enough fuel with you. 30min should be enough. Guten Flug noch :)

2 Likes

@A-FitzGerald ^

Jo Danke, ist dann auch mein Längster 787-9 Flug bisher 😅

1 Like

Why are you flying so high? 😂😂 That’s almost space!

Good luck!

1 Like

To safe Fuel and when i decent i can slow down and glide that also safes Fuel and FL470 isn’t to high in my knowledge

NOTAM for all U-2 Pilots: B789 entered airspace, keep an eye on that one.

2 Likes

Cape Town is your best option, It is on cape and the closest to you, as Ysterplaat is an Air Force Base, and the runways are short, aswell as it being north of Cape Town, contact ATC as soon as possible and ask to skip the pattern Into Cape Town, and possible descend without your engines, but watch your speed, you don’t want to stall.

@Edivan_dcds Here is an List of Flight Levels where Airliners and GA are Flying under VFR and IFR and i am Flying under IFRScreenshot_20190710-175418

This list is indeed right, but you exceed the B789‘s so called service ceiling. It’s the maximum height an aircraft can safely operate at. For the 787 it’s at 43,000ft.

1 Like