Flight duration

When you select a flight let’s say Los Angeles to Honolulu, in reality that’s a 5 hour flight will it also take that long on infinite flight??

1 Like

Well, it is designed to be a realistic simulator, so yes. There isn’t a fast-forward option.

4 Likes

yup it would!

Yes if you fly on live mode it would, if you would also like to up the realism if you plan on doing that flight I would use fpltoif.com

1 Like

Not on multiplayer at least. Don’t forget you CAN speed up your flight by 5 times on solo.

2 Likes

Interesting! I never fly on Solo, so I had no idea that was a thing.

1 Like

When you fly at real aircraft speeds, yes. You will reach the destination in the same amount of time IRL and in IF. But me…I go as fast as possible, M.86 and sometimes I can arrive an hour earlier lol. Flight from DCA to LGA only look me 25 mins…😂

2 Likes

Yep. All real time flight times are the same in Infinite Flight. Also is the weather the same. So if there is some strong winds over the atlantic you might have some turbelence over there! ;)

1 Like

Well I once flew a 777-200 from kjfk to egkk and it took me only 5hours lol

I wouldn’t do that - if you are doing that in the smaller aircraft you are risking getting overspeed violations…

1 Like

If you push it to m.86 from say m.79, that saves 36minutes for an 8 hour flight. Is it worth it to tempt the redline for half an hour out of 8?

1 Like

personally i’ve never gotten a violation for pushing it. Sometimes it is worth it you you got something to do later, that comes up unexpectedly.

1 Like

Yeah, I just am a bit more cautious if not on casual. On casual though, I let it rip. (I had a speed surge for some reason on expert today, I didn’t get it, and so just disengaged asap).

2 Likes

Simple answer is yes…it takes the same amount of time that it would in real life for the most part. That’s if you fly similar routes and speeds of the real life examples. It took me 13 Hours and 58 Minutes to fly from SFO to TLV. Raging headwinds had my ground speed in the upper 300’s but once I got over Canada I received tail winds and was cruising over 630 mph with the 777-200ER at .83 Mach.

That’s the thing it seems: you might squeeze some tens of minutes by pushing airspeed toward redline. But ultimately the wind often has the overriding effect on travel time.

Of course to survey a route, you might go on solo and do x5 speed. Then you redline as much as you want, plus go up to at least fl220 to get the ground speed boost from lower air density. And further, to totally max out the GS, dial in max tail winds possible.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.