Flight Director

This is really needed, I find playing on a phone it is pretty hard without the hud as the displays are quite small as you can only zoom in so much, but with the crosshairs it would be a lot easier to see

2 Likes

I’m a big advocate for this feature. It would make the features added in 20.1 more accessible and more realistic I hope to see it in the future.

1 Like

I think if you’re flying on a phone a HUD is a MUST, but you’re right, the FD crosshairs would eliminate the need for the HUD and allow for more realism.

1 Like

Yes! I have tried a few times with no HUD and it is extremely difficult - I’m sure the team will iterate the screens in due time

1 Like

I just started to use the live cockpit to land and this is 100% something that we need which would make landing with the live cockpit so much easier. Voted

4 Likes

Not only easier, but more realistic. Raw data instrument approaches are nice, but using the F/D is the common procedure in real life, and with the possible advent of taxi lights, complete flights done at night time will be possible, so why not have the F/D to help enhance the instrument flying experience?

2 Likes

Just tried an A320 flight sim today, and MAN was an ILS approach much much easier to fly. It’s a real convenient tool, gotta have it to enhance instrument flying in IF.

This needs More attention! I flew in a B737 simulator and it was really an essential feature… Without this we won’t be ever be able to fly a normal pattern in an airliner. It’s basically the most important feature of a live cockpit! Without it the IF live cockpit is kinda unusable since very important instruments and indications are missing imo… It’s also kinda unrealistic to fly the live cockpit without it, it’s really worth considering

2 Likes

Topic bump. As the person above has iterated, it’s the most important feature of a live cockpit because it guides you to where you want to go and it’s unrealistic to fly without the flight director. In a sense the flight director is kind of like a guardian angel, plus with VNAV/LNAV featured in IF I’m sure that the next optimal step is to add flight directors to aircraft with working instruments. Adding flight directors will take us one step closer to realism.

1 Like

A bump is needed this would make flying in the live cockpits feel much more realistic as well as making landing in that view a lot easier.

1 Like

It’s so hard to completely fly without the HUD if we don’t have this… I recently was in a real flight simulator and man, I would have been dead without the Flight Director

1 Like

This would be a great addition! You have my full support!

1 Like

This would make flying without the HUD possible in any live cockpit

3 Likes

Bump! Realism is the new objective for Infinite Flight with the recent addition of 3D airport buildings and workable instruments on aircraft such as the A350, 777, A320, 737, 757, C172, TBM-930, and down the line, the A330. While it is great that the developers are investing more time in environmental realism such as clouds, airport buildings, ground handling vehicle models, and taxiway lights, the flight director would be imperative when it comes to increasing the level of realism and level of safety during critical phases of flight. On top of that, I think that not only should they be overlaid onto the PFD of the aforementioned aircraft, but the flight director should also be overlaid onto the HUD view to complete the experience for those who do not fly aircraft equipped with animated cockpit instruments.

2 Likes