Flight Director

If you look at the top left, it says “MAN TOGA” so this is a full power take off with a very light or empty aircraft

2 Likes

I’d love to see this! With live instruments hopefully we’ll be getting updates with it to past aircraft.

Great job dev team!

This:

Is 100% correct in this situation. I’ll see if I can find the video it was in-but it was an A320 lightly loaded on a TOGA takeoff

2 Likes

@airjonathan1 @Latvia here’s the video I sourced the pic from:

https://youtu.be/ECV3IBkzZLc

This is exactly what I’d like to see (at least part of it anyhow)

“Takeoff mode” would be set takeoff thrust, then the flight director gives us pitch for speed until above the thrust reduction/acceleration height-then pitch for speed to 250 and runway heading laterally to 400’ before engaging in NAV

1 Like

Seeing that this topic has a healthy amount of votes, I thought that reviving it would be the best option. With VNAV now confirmed, this feature can become more and more possible in infinite flight especially with the airliners with functional cockpits (A320/350/777)

2 Likes

I’m still wondering why this topic has been abandoned. It is still as relevant as it is especially in the latest development of VNAV.

1 Like

It is indeed relevant. Other mobile sims have them and they work fairly well.

1 Like

I also re-voted for this as it had died and I applied the vote elsewhere. Hopefully it’ll gain some traction

1 Like

Bump.

I just realized this existed and furthermore realized how HELPFUL this would be with the advent of working instruments. Without FD’s we’re essentially doing raw data ILS flying (which is fun) but a flight director never hurts. Voted.

2 Likes

I’m surprised this has so few votes it’s definitely needed. Voted

1 Like

Ok now we really need this. With the advent of VNAV as well as LNAV having always existed, the existence of an FD would allow for instrument flying to become more realistic as well as more precise, especially at night. The FD is an important instrument and I believe that it can be added by the devs if they really wanted, and it SHOULD be added for enhanced realism and will complement working instruments quite nicely, bump.

3 Likes

Yeah I agree. I would love to see the F/D

1 Like

I need to vote, now as my 737 has live cockpit it need this ♥️

1 Like

Exactly, now that we have working instruments we need a working FD.

2 Likes

This is really needed, I find playing on a phone it is pretty hard without the hud as the displays are quite small as you can only zoom in so much, but with the crosshairs it would be a lot easier to see

2 Likes

I’m a big advocate for this feature. It would make the features added in 20.1 more accessible and more realistic I hope to see it in the future.

1 Like

I think if you’re flying on a phone a HUD is a MUST, but you’re right, the FD crosshairs would eliminate the need for the HUD and allow for more realism.

1 Like

Yes! I have tried a few times with no HUD and it is extremely difficult - I’m sure the team will iterate the screens in due time

1 Like

I just started to use the live cockpit to land and this is 100% something that we need which would make landing with the live cockpit so much easier. Voted

4 Likes

Not only easier, but more realistic. Raw data instrument approaches are nice, but using the F/D is the common procedure in real life, and with the possible advent of taxi lights, complete flights done at night time will be possible, so why not have the F/D to help enhance the instrument flying experience?

2 Likes