Flight Crashed

I was doing KLAX - RKSI with a 747-8i. When I was about 56 minutes from the airport, my game out of nowhere crashed. Is this something normal to happen, or is it just an error with my device?

Device: iPad Pro (11-inch) (3rd generation)
Operating system: iPadOS 16.5.1 (c)

Not sure if device age might have something to do with it or not. The 3rd-gen iPad Pro is hardware that is almost 5 years old. Devices gradually lose their ability to handle graphically intense games like Infinite Flight as they age. I would assume you also use the iPad for tasks outside of Infinite Flight, so general wear and tear is also a factor here.

Game settings also impact performance.

Are you running any applications in the background that can take away processing power from Infinite Flight?

Are you running game settings on high or very high? If so, you might want to consider turning them to low or very low to reduce the workload on your device.

Be sure to point your in-game camera towards something that won’t change (maybe point it down in the cockpit into the captain’s chair, so the game doesn’t have to render changes in scenery).

Turn the brightness down on your device as low as you can until absolutely necessary. This will also help reduce the strain on your device.

If you have a place that you can put your iPad that has access to cool air, do that too. It helps your device breathe.

Doing all of the above has done numbers for my flights. I’ve been able to do flights well over 12+ hours and have virtually no issues.

4 Likes

Age possibly would not be a problem since I bought this device like 3-4 years ago and haven’t uses it as much until now that is when I restarted IF once again after months of not playing. I think I probably had 2 apps open during my flight which I didn’t notice until it crashed, the graphics I forgot to put them in low. But after all, the same thing has happened in other flights and I have had low graphics and no apps opened. So I don’t think it might be the device probably

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.