Flight Attendant Fired After Showing Up Drunk

I don’t think that anyone should should show up to work drunk or intoxicated and especially not if they’re a flight attendant or pilot

2 Likes

Its always United Airlines lol

3 Likes

There was a drunk Delta pilot that tried to fly, but I get what you’re saying, lots of these incidents happen on United. Although technically this wasn’t a United flight, it was Air Wisconsin, and Air Wisconsin is contracted by United Express.

2 Likes

Same is true for pilots mate. Some companies say once wheel move under its own power/parking brake off etc you start getting paid your hourly rate till then you get paid per diem of $2 an hr. Some are lower. Pilots are however paid 35-60k 1st year at the regional. For FAs from the ones I have to talk to enjoy traveling and eventually want to go mainline for better trips. Plus the non rev benefits. If they wanted better pay, like pilots, all the have to do is not accept a 15k job. 8 years ago that’s what American eagle paid pilots to be based of LGA. My friends took out loans just for living expenses.

One of the main reasons I left the regional world- I value my time.

3 Likes

Correction. It’s united affiliated regional carrier. BIG DIFFERENCE! As they all were expect the recent ones of the guys out in England for being intoxicated.

3 Likes

I got to say, United should be ashamed off them selves… Terrible just terrible… What if something happened? She couldn’t even help people…

1 Like

I’m not sure why United (the airline…) would be ashamed because one of their workers turned up drunk to work? It’s not like the company was making them chug alchohol. It’s not the airline’s fault, but the FA in this case.

Although it does make me wonder how the FA actually managed to get through security and flight briefing without being stopped. I don’t think that is something the airline controls, but the airport.

2 Likes

Well I just thought that they would make there FA’s very responsible and made sure nothing like this would of happened…

2 Likes

I’m quite sure that drunk flight attendants cause the safety level to decrease.

4 Likes

You know what he meant.

3 Likes

Not united mate

1 Like

Everyone is trained to be standardized. Pilots and FAs. But what they do on their layover is not the airlines responsibility. They can’t babysit you. You are an adult and as a result you must make the right decision.

What I don’t get is how she got into the plane past TSA, past the gate agent and how could the pilots let her continue.

3 Likes

Please bear with me as I try to stay on topic here, seeing something like this truly disgusts me if there had been a emergency medical or otherwise chances being all the passengers would have been seriously injured if not killed because she wanted to drink and go to work that flight shouldn’t even had gotten off the ground she should have been pulled off the flight arrested and another flight attendant brung on board that had been given a breathalyzer before boarding to ensure the safety of all passengers and pilots I sincerely hope that she is not capable of having a flight attendant job anywhere in the world again this was extremely dangerous

2 Likes

It was still incorrect. Attention to detail is important. Seemingly insignificant errors can have serious consequences.

2 Likes

Agreed. However, we won’t die beacuse he was linguistically off.

2 Likes

The other flight attendants should have realised this. Unacceptable by the flight attendant in question as well

1 Like

That’s the problem. There weren’t any others.

I think the flight attendant deserves to be fired and disciplined, as what she did was unacceptable. However, I don’t think it’s fair for her to be put through the wringer with this video and stuff - I’m sure she just made a huge mistake, and doesn’t deserve to be shamed on national television like that, with her face clearly visible. Think how damaging it could be for any future career she may have.

1 Like

If United Airline are affiliating themselves with this carrier and putting their name on the carrier’s aircraft surely they need to take at least part responsibility for that carrier’s actions…

1 Like

She was fired and charged with Public Intoxication.

2 Likes