Flight Attendant Fired After Showing Up Drunk

Yeah, she was pretty tipsy, alright.

A flight attendant for United Express and Air Wisconsin was fired yesterday after being visibly drunk during the United flight from Chicago O’Hare to South Bend, Indiana operated by a CRJ-200. Since it was a CRJ-200, she was the only flight attendant onboard. Signs showing the flight attendant was intoxicated included:

• Needing assistance putting on a seatbelt

• Unable to respond to questions

What’s even crazier was that this all happened on the ground, and the flight STILL TOOK OFF!!! It is uncertain if the cabin was secured before takeoff. During the flight, she even fell asleep! When she was taken off the plane in South Bend, she was given a breathalyzer test, which she failed miserably with a 0.2% blood alcohol content.

What a shame. What if there was a medical emergency? Who would be able to help the passenger, besides other passengers? In my opinion, she should be given a fine or arrested. According to the video she has been charged with Public Intoxication.

What are your thoughts on this?

Credit
Article

https://simpleflying.com/drunk-flight-attendant-fired/amp/

Video credit to ABC news.

26 Likes

Unacceptable. I have zero pity for things like this. Glad she is out of the FA job.

40 Likes

I definitely agree with @Erj145.

11 Likes

Will she get an Oscar nod?

4 Likes

Insane and very stupid to put so many passengers at risk

3 Likes

Well she wasn’t a Whip Whitaker, not yet at least. Now that she’s been fired, she probably won’t get to that level either.

3 Likes

Agreed. I hate how they still decided to take off even after acknowledging she was drunk.

3 Likes

Well, to their benefit, it’s a very short flight and many modern day safety information is all automated these days. I’ve been on much longer flights (post 9/11) with no FA and no cockpit door (and no security).

4 Likes

Sadly, it’s Air Wisconsin. Do a little digging on aviation forums and you will understand why. Sad.

Air Wisconsin
Trans States
United Express

Go Jet

Are some of the worst regional airlines.

8 Likes

Very very stupid. I’m glad she got fired

2 Likes

Not in the amazing crj200. Lol.

Also if there was an emergency evacuation you think she could take charge in leading the way? Doubtful. Now there’s a scary thought.

4 Likes

She was definitely in the wrong in this particular situation. Passenger safety was compromised and the her own safety was compromised. Why wasn’t she reported on the ground? She would have had less charges and it would have made this situation safer.

2 Likes

Well this is just ridiculous- i think as well as being fired she should have been arrested

2 Likes

I read that FAs in Air Wisconsin earn around $15 000 year. You can’t live for that.
And they’re only paid for the block time, not the boarding time.
Sad story

7 Likes

Ridiculous,on multiple sides.
When she checked in with the ORD gate agent how did they not notice
What about the Captain for the pre-flight briefing.
These regionals need to get another crew member in these small cabins.

Some action should be taken against the pilots.Not saying fire them,But maybe a month of Airport Standby will get 'em right

5 Likes

Totally unacceptable behaviour. They are mean to ‘represent’ safety… Good she is gone as , this made the safety level on board the aircraft decrease. Can’t believe they didn’t take her off the aircraft before departure.

7 Likes

I flew Air Wisconsin dba (doing business as) United Express from KORD to KHSV; the flight attendants read off of scripts and don’t seem too interested in being there; this is why I prefer Southwest.

Mesa Air dba American Eagle was somewhat better from KDFW to KBHM; overall, regional carriers tend to have poor service conditions.

3 Likes

The point is that any worker (Flight Attendant, Pilot, Airport Staff etc.) should not show up intoxicated or “Drunk”. Instead, they should call the manager to be called off and that’s it. Firing this flight attendant is the right way to do in order to avoid having such behaviour like this.

6 Likes

Totally unacceptable… Good she got fired!

3 Likes

It’s good she got fired but I don’t know why pilots or the gate agent didn’t stop her from boarding.

2 Likes