Flight Analysis

I downloaded this app called IF operations. It is very useful in my opinion to analyze your flight after you land and park safety at the gate/parking. I tried it today while doing my #Avianca flight from SKBO to SVMI (Caracas) image

6 Likes

Kinda steep v/s in final approach for an A318

246 is a little steep, but not horrible - maybe about Ryanair quality landing? It’s probably not too unrealistic for IRL strong crosswind landings?

Looks really cool! I might need to get this.

1 Like

It is a really cool app! Just a few things I was noticing:

#1: Your landing v/s was fine, but your final approach was a bit steep, try to come in on proper glideslope.

#2: It appears you cruised FL360, which is incorrect. You were heading 042, or east. When heading from 0-179 degrees you should be cruising at an odd altitude. From 180-359 degrees you should be at an even altitude.

#3: Watch your N1% on takeoff. The max it should go is 100, but anywhere between 85-97 is more realistic (depending on aircraft).

Other than this, I’m sure this flight was a lot of fun and thanks for sharing!

5 Likes

would really recommend it as a great tool to look back at your floights and see where you can make some imprvments or just for fun. Its made by the same guy who made Infinate Flight Assistant. Both these apps combined with fpltoif.com really help to make the differnce of infinte flight being a game to being a grown up simulator!

1 Like

Actually false. Most flights are landing around -200–300fpm IRL. You just don’t realize it as much because of the way the hydraulics absorb the force. For the newer landing gear aircraft in IF a -300fpm landing registers with the same XP as a -150fpm landing because of the more realistic landing gear physics.

2 Likes

Thanks for that info. A lot of people here talk about butter landings at 100 fpm. Good to know my landing VS is on target with IRL and not Ryanair.

1 Like

This was from a lot of people determining the realism of the landing based on how hard it looked from inside the cockpit before the landing gear physics got upgrade on a few aircraft. Before the improvement -100fpm was what looked the closest but that was only due to the rigged landing gear of older aircraft that didn’t get soft reworks.

1 Like

This is now avalible on android too right?

It should be! I’m not sure

1 Like

This app is very cool. I use it for my Va’s too.

2 Likes

Avianca!
@Altaria55

1 Like

Avianca doesn’t fly to SVMI :I

2 Likes

How does this work?

1 Like

Once you download it, open it I press “begin pre flight” some instructions will appear. These are: open infinite flight and set your flight plan, once you set it and turn you seat belts sign ON as well as smoking and start your push back, the application will start to record everything you do within your flight. When you arrive to
Your destination, turn off your engines and your flight analysis would be ready for you.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

No, how did you do an Avianca flight that doesn’t exist?

It used to. I like to remember flights between Caracas and bogota, brother 😎

1 Like

Cool man!!

1 Like

Yeah :( Avianca needs some more international destinations

1 Like