Flashing Lights | Lightning

It would be pretty hard to get lightning bolts in the game, but it would be nice if lightning was simulated by flashing lights being projected on the ground like how a lightning strike would project light. As of now, you can’t really tell if there’s a storm in a region, so I think this would be a step forward in dynamic weather. :)

25 Likes

Never thought of this!This is nice if implemented it would a step towards dynamic weather

1 Like

This is actually a really good idea!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This is a good idea but, the developers would have to find the perfect brightness for the flash of light so that it’s not blinding of to weak.

2 Likes

maybe different lights, sometimes ultra bright sometimes a little bit less weak

1 Like

God hope I am not on a Cessna when they add lightning

3 Likes

In one of my IF visions, I imagined that the devs will get every lightning strike super precise ;)

1 Like

1 Like

Planes are designed to conduct lightning from to the wingtips, therefore not affecting the aircraft. Lol

1 Like

Awesome idea! But what about cloud to cloud lightning?

Well, we gotta have clouds for that first, lmao. I was thinking of requesting something like dark fog to resemble being in a thunderstorm.

Well have you heard of Simple Planes? For clouds I’d imagine what they have, except you can climb above them rather than the clouds rising with the hight of the aircraft.

1 Like

Look it up.

I’ll get a screen shot

Simple planes sucks (or I suck at making working planes xD)

In order to prevent yourself getting blind due to the lightning, use your phone in the lowest brightness possible or don’t play at all. But the alternative option is to get a nokia