Hey!
I would like to know the flap takeoff settings for the 777-200F

1 Like

Flaps 5 or 15 depending on weight and runway length

1 Like

I am Below The max Takeoff weight At runway 9L At EGLL

Flap 5 would be better.

1 Like

I use flaps 15 for pretty much every plane (I know, not professional 🙃)

3 Likes

And What About Airbus And Their Lame Side Stick And Their Flaps !1,1+F,2,3,4.

2 or 3. Depending on my mood 🤷🏼‍♂️

1 Like

On The A330-300 I use 1+F

How about a cheeky flaps 1

1 Like

I just lower them to where i want to really, because If is so realistic that if you have 0 flap you can still take off :p

1 Like

Well irl you could as well If your IAS was high enough

1 Like

Ok I’ll make a video for you :D

2 Likes

Oh, the file isn’t authorized, it is the wrong format

1 Like

200 series out of LHR flap 5
300 series out of LHR flap 15

3 Likes

@Yuan_Tugo, Does the 200 series ever use flaps 15? Depending on weight, runway lenght, winds, etc… on other airports?

And can the 300 series takeoff with flaps 5, if that is possible due to a very long runway and low load factor?

1 Like

Those figures are for a normal performance climb.

The 777 in all variants can take off from a ‘normal’ runway in F5 or F15, it’s usually the climb out performance or terrain/elevation that will change the departure flap.

I have taken off with F20 before as well so that’s an option.

To give an idea I departed a far east airport, terrain constricted, with a long runway in a fully laden 777-300 a short while back with F5 and very high V speeds. Fine for drag but a worry if you had to reject on the runway!!!

4 Likes

I understand. Thanks a lot for the answer. Great to receive some information from a real life 777 pilot.

Just to simply, anywhere between 5 and 20 in flap configurations depending on the factors mentioned above works :)

But most of the time, 300 series uses 15 and 200 series uses 5 on a normal runway like the one at LHR, but may change at other airport due to different runway length, weight, winds, etc…

1 Like

dear captain u can set flaps 5-15 for 772F take off

1 Like

I always go F15

1 Like

Hi @Aly2120

For next time please make a topic tittle with some more info as “Flaps” could mean a thousand things.

Thanks!

1 Like