Flags are for poles, lighten up

This is becoming painfully silly. Who cares if a joke or general post doesn’t tickle your particular funny bone? Seriously, why do you care? If you don’t like it, don’t read it. Move on. The Earth will still be spinning around the sun, I promise.

If it doesn’t have profanity, insults, racial, religious or sexual slurs, and isn’t offensive in any legitimate way, just let it go.
Flagging isn’t a sport, you don’t get points or awards for it, it isn’t fun, and mostly is a waste of time.

Of course we appreciate the real flags to help keep things clean, safe and pleasant, but perfection isn’t a realistic goal.
Please lighten up a little bit, assume positive intent, have some manners, tact and empathy. If it’s a minor rule infraction, kindly explain that to the poster. If you don’t understand, ask, and try to accept their point of view. It’s not always about you.
Let each other speak your minds in polite and constructive ways, and let a dumb or off topic joke go once in a while.
Flags are for poles.

106 Likes

Finally someone who speaks up for @HairlineAirlines, me and those affected by the harsh cold attitude to jokes

11 Likes

You mean polls, right? Or am I missing something?

1 Like

No, he means poles

7 Likes

Those affected community members can finally stand up for themselves!

4 Likes

Thank you David, this was needed.

3 Likes

You mean it doesn’t spin around the user who needs to flag every post he doesn’t like? Seems like a lot of these kids think that’s the case.

8 Likes

No…I mean poles. As in Flag Poles. Polls are a very different thing. :)

6 Likes

u are soo right!

unfortunately this will not prevent the typical 5% from continuing to play “religion guardians”

3 Likes

I don’t expect much to change. Just putting the thought out there, maybe some will get it and that’s better than nothing.

7 Likes

i didn’t mean to discourage u from spreading this thought! - it was more or less a statement of frustration on my side

2 Likes

I didn’t think you were discouraging anything. :) it’s cool.

2 Likes

Thanks @david, great post!

6 Likes

Thank you for saying that!!
That’s Whats the community need to know in a loong time

8 Likes

Honestly this is the best written mod request ever.

@david very well said.

7 Likes

Finally David you turn on the flash light in your mind you all ways tell me I making the bad posting

2 Likes

I haven’t told you any such thing.

6 Likes

I think @poppingspices is referring to the automated messages under your name when he or someone gets flagged :)

2 Likes

Then I suppose he is confused by the nature of automated messages? If so allow me to explain. The site requires a name be associated with automated messages. However the content of those types of messages are not personal or the personal responsibility of who is named. They are generated and sent completely without my prior knowledge. Furthermore an automated message is not the reason anything was flagged. I hope that helps a little bit. :)

6 Likes

@poppingspices this may clear up your confusion :)