First UPS 747-8F rolls out

The first UPS 747-8F has rolled out of paint. UPS is not the last freighter airline to introduce the 747-8F as Qatar Airways is expecting to announce an order for freighters.

The “paper plane” was the first UPS 747-8F.

Photo credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/woodysaeroimages/35668995820/

47 Likes

Looks good! The livery suits the plane.

15 Likes

It’s amazing! Good on UPS for ordering one of the last 747s.

4 Likes

I really like that livery on that plane!

3 Likes

It’s going to be sad watching 747s slowly get scrapped/stored… They’re such beautiful aircraft. In my opinion there ahould be a 747-16 because 1x2=2, 4x2=8, 8x2=16

8 Likes

The 747s got longer over time, how long would the “747-16” get lol.

3 Likes

End of an era for the Queen I guess. Glad to see that new ones are still rolling out though.

3 Likes

I like the look of it being simple but sophisticated

1 Like

@Qantas737guy, I totally agree with you. The 747s are amazing aircraft.

1 Like

In my opinion better than the a380. Just looks better overall.

2 Likes

Please do not bypass the 20 character rule by adding a placeholder. If your post is under 20 characters, chances are it adds no substance to the topic and is better off not being posted.

Thanks!

(Your posts have been deleted.)

11 Likes

Looks very nice! I wasn’t expecting this plane so early. It’s good that the 747 assembly line is still working hard!

1 Like

Love the new aircraft. Wish the age of the trijets didn’t go away so soon though. They should design another “MD-11” if they’re gonna keep quad jets around

1 Like

Very nice, that livery really suits the Queen

1 Like

That is so gorgeous! I think UPS pretty much preserved the 747 for a few more years.

1 Like

That plane looks fresh!

1 Like

That looks amazing! But then we all have to face the hard truth that this may be one of the last 747s to roll out of the production line :(

2 Likes

time for a livery request someone lol

3 Likes

It is already requested!

Here you are @THE-OP

5 Likes

This -74 looks incredible. I think that large cargo operations have to be one of the best jobs in aviation, just my opinion. I would love to see this in IF. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes