[FIRST TRIP REPORT-SHORT] Los Angeles to Orlando on the Max 9

Hi IFC, decided to post my first trip report. it’s very short and not much mainly because it was a red eye and i was super tired. I’ll be posting the trip on the way home next week or so.

Good Afternoon from Los Angeles International Airport (KLAX). Tonight’s flight was Los Angeles (LAX) to Orlando (MCO). I flew with United and got the chance to fly on the Max 9 for the first time. I was super excited yet nervous as i have never been on one before. My flight was scheduled to leave at 10:59PM and arrive in Orlando at 7:01AM. My grandma dropped my family and i off at terminal 7 which is United Airlines Terminal.

Once we were dropped off we made our way down to check in our bags. We had 3 suitcases and 4 carry ons. Luckily it was quite slow so we were able to check in quickly and head straight to security.

Security went by extremely fast as there was hardly anyone there. Does anyone else mess up their date of birth or age when TSA asks you 😅 or is that just me? I went through the scanner and it kept going off and no one could figure out why, i was positive my pockets were empty… turns out they weren’t as i had a foldable spoon in my back pocket. not sure why it was in there but it was and i never felt it. once security was done we headed up to our gate, our gate was 75A. Our plane N37504 was flying in from Cancun and was about 15 minutes out from landing. We headed to our gate and sat down for a bit before i wondered off to get something to drink. My sister got some sort of lemonade green tea and i just got a water. I wasn’t about to pay 13$ for a fountain drink. Yes it was like 9$ which is crazy.

The gate area was filling up quickly as there were incoming flights and departing flights left and right. 1 plane had just came in from Honolulu and was going to Newark (777-200), and then another came in from Dulles and was bound for Sydney (787). We got to the airport quite early so we had to wait about 2 hours or so, which was fine since i love airports. i tried getting some photos but it was super packed and i couldn’t really get around the place. Our plane finally landed and parked at the gate. Everyone deplaned and the cleaning crew started. They landed at 8:55pm and were scheduled for 9:04pm. Finally it was our time to board. I was in the very last row of the plane, 35A (Window seat) and my family was 34 A, B and C. We were group 5 so we had to wait a bit. Finally we scanned our tickets and got onto the JetBridge. Took a while (20 mins) but i was finally at my seat.

Here we are on the beautiful MAX 9. The plane wasn’t fully loaded so i had an empty row luckily! We pushed around 11:30pm which was about 30 minutes late. We could’ve pushed earlier but we had to wait for a 757 😒. Kidding… i love my pencils. We had a nice quick taxi to runway 25R even though there was tons of planes inbound. We sat on the runway for a bit and out of nowhere we blasted off.

We blasted down the runway and it felt a bit rough as we were turning back n forth, also we took off a bit late it seemed like. Maybe the plane was too heavy? Not sure though. We had a beautiful departure over the South Bay (my home) and Long Beach. The harbor looked awesome especially with all the lights. Before long we were at 33,000ft. I decided to put my AirPods in and doze off. The flight was a bit bumpy as there was some storms across the Midwest. I work up at one point to see a flight attendant in my face asking if I needed anything to which I replied with “yes leave me alone and let me sleep.” Obviously I didn’t say that, don’t worry… I finally woke up and it was a beautiful sunrise into Orlando, oh and when I say beautiful I mean it was GORGEOUS!

I mean look at that, it’s just beautiful… absolutely. Man flying is something else ain’t it? We started our descent to 26,000ft and held there for a bit. They changed the interior lighting to make it look like a sunrise, it was really cool.

Heres a decent shot of the airport, we started our final descent and then started ascending as we were a bit low. I was hoping for a G/A but that didn’t happen 😕. I was really hoping for a smooth butter landing but it was really rough and super late unfortunately. We didn’t land until the last landing marker but we stopped very very quick. While recording my phone fell down and the recording kinda cut off a bit lol. We landed on 36L and crossed 36R then made our way to the gate. While taxiing I saw a bunch of emergency vehicles and planes were stopped on the taxiway, so not sure if there was an emergency or not. We were scheduled to land at 7:04AM but actually landed at 6:30AM.

And here we are at the gate. Although the landing was rough the flight was very fun and I like the MAX 9. The engines are a lot quieter than any other aircraft I’ve been on. Especially the B717. Phew that one was loud and annoying. While my family was in the bathroom I was able to snap these pictures of the plane we just flew on.

After getting bags and heading to our bus (Disney World) I was able to get this shot of the Tower which looks pretty good. Thanks for coming along on this trip as well. It’s my first RWA trip report so it’s not the best plus I was on a red eye so I was super tired. But I promise the one on the way home will be better!

Rating’s
Seat: 8/10
Inflight Entertainment: N/A
Takeoff: 7/10
Inflight: 8/10
Service on Board: 8/10
Pilots & FA’s: 9/10
Landing: 5/10

19 Likes

Sorry you did not have inflight entertainment on a flight that lasted how long?!?!?! This is absolutely nuts to me! I guess I am just spoiled by the airlines that fly to Hong Kong. I think the only airlines recently I flew that did not have IFE was PAL Express, United and Aer Lingus regional. Which is acceptable given 2 were on turboprops and the United flight was short.

2 Likes

Typical United L

3 Likes

Great trip report! I’m glad your first MAX flight worked out OK!

1 Like

Nice trip report! Why does it appear you took screenshots of these pictures though? Just curious

2 Likes

Well most of the footage is covered through video not many photos. I still wanted some pictures so I just paused the videos and screenshot it. I was gonna crop it out but I assumed no one would really care lol.

1 Like

Agreed! It was fun

It was bad but luckily it was a red eye so I slept half the flight. I’m pretty sure delta has IFE on most of their fleet. I’ve flown the A321, 737-900 and 767 and they’ve have it. United needs to step up their game smh

1 Like

I mean for a flight under 2 hours I can accept no IFE (which was my experience on United), but even that is a slight stretch. Atleast when I flew Philippine Airlines they have IFE on your personal device through their app instead of the seat back. Which I am not sure if I prefer or not. Because your phone loses charge quickly, but also the touch screen is just so much better!

1 Like

united also offers that, you can download their app on your device and watch from their. I might do it on the way home since it’ll be a morning flight and 5 hours.

1 Like

Oh you should definitely do that, I thought it did not even have that! My flight from Guam on United did not.

1 Like

maybe it doesn’t. i’m flying the 737-800. so i guess i’ll see. luckily i have tons of points… well my grandpa does so i just use his account to get wi-fi lol

1 Like

That is what I flew on, but not sure if all are like that. But wifi should be a fine alternative.

1 Like

This is what I found:

Focused on fuel efficiency and passenger comfort, the Boeing 737-800 has 147 leather Recaro seats with more personal space, seatback outlets, Boeing’s award-winning Sky Interior, inflight internet service, and access to the Inflight entertainment hub .

1 Like

Interesting, the one I flew on must have been one of the rare few.

1 Like

I do the same, once we went on a trip for my Birthday, and I was still thinking I was 11, so when the dude asked me, i was like 11, wait no I’m 12. 😂

1 Like

😂😂 I hope I don’t mess up this weekend

1 Like

Maybe so….

1 Like

I got almost the exact same shot of the KMCO tower!

1 Like

How long ago was this?

5 Likes