first time in First class, any pointers?

So here’s the tea, my mom and I are making a trip back east to upstate New York to visit family for Christmas, and unfortunately attend the funeral of my 97 year old great grandma ( a WWII vet, and she will always be remembered in my heart) RIP. So anyways we booked the itinerary below, and I had some questions about how Alaska works…

So Alaska seems to have a Lounges and there is one in LAX. however looking closer there is also some talk of AAs flagship first lounges, which are also at LAX. So do I have acces to both? Also, is this flight operated on a -900 (Fr24 was of no help) because the itinerary just says a 737J. Also it seems weird that there is no scheduled meals service on this flight, considering it leaves around lunch time. The website below has some interesting information but I’m not sure I’d what it talks about applies to a first class ticket or just Alaska Club members, thanks for any help or suport you guys can provide! Safe travels!

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/airport-lounge/location-and-hours

1 Like

It is normal there are no meals since we booked a flight on UA from LAX to MCO in Business class and they don’t provide meals.

If you are flying first a meal should be expected on both flights. The AA Eagle flight will have a cold meal only. You will have access to Alaska lounges while flying Alaska first, but no other lounges.

When you say business, do you mean first or economy plus/comfort/ect.?

1 Like

I mean first, and thanks for clearing that up! At least we still get lounge acces through Alaska.

1 Like

By the looks of it, your actually taking First Class, not Business Class according to your screenshot. Now I have no experience flying with Alaska Airline sadly but I’ve heard good things, enjoy your flight!

1 Like

@Rynjil_H Business Class in domestic U.S flights are called first class. So there is not that of a big difference.

1 Like

Talk to the airline representative I know in Seattle whenever I fly first class with Alaska I don’t have access to any other ones besides the Alaska but there’s always hurt to ask

1 Like

Ok, I will do!

1 Like

I’m sorry for your loss

1 Like

What did she do during wwII

Yes, it really was devastating, and it did take a tole on me and my family, however I try to look forward to the rest of my life, as that’s what she would’ve wanted me to do.

1 Like

She was a coder and de-coder breaking Japanese transmissions. Her husband was in Patton’s 5th army. They both lived through the war.

Hey if you need someone to talk to I would be more than happy to give you the support in time of need

1 Like

I know how hard it can be for some people

2 Likes

There is.

I assume you’re in first class on the second flight, and that both come with lounge acess. In that case, yes, you may be able to access both. The Alaska one definitely, if I were you, I’d try at the AA lounge. If you’re not flying first class on the second flight, you probably cannot get into the AA lounge.

There will be a meal service. I suspect that it did not show up because it was a partner flight. For more info, see the link:

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/travel-info/flight-experience/first-class/food-and-drink

More details about the flight

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/travel-info/flight-experience/first-class?lid=nav:info-firstClass

Generally looks to be a -900 as well.

2 Likes

AS domestic F provides lounge access to AS lounges only, not to any others.

AA domestic first on two cabin routes provides no lounge access at all. For domestic routes only J/F on the three class transcon routes JFK-LAX & JFK-SFO provide lounge access.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.