First Time Flying Hawaiian Airlines

Hello
This Christmas I am flying to Hawaii on United but then once we land in Honolulu we are flying to kona and then to lihue then back to Honolulu on Hawaiian airlines. I don’t know what to expect are there any tips you can give me?

3 Likes

That funny because I actually been to Kona twice. I would say great airline to fly.

And oh, Hawaii is expensive because it 7 island in the middle of the ocean.

When I lived in Kauai I flew Hawaiian, it was a quick trip real nice! The 717 was fun to fly on !

3 Likes

I flew on Hawaiians 717 once. There were no TVs but I get it cause it was a 45 min flight from PHOG To PHNL. I don’t think you can expect so much on such a short flight

3 Likes

Hawaiian Airline is good! I once flew JFK-HNL on their 767 and HNL-Kona on their 717! Both were good experiences!

1 Like

They have pretty decent amount of legroom. Good airline.

Have a look at this video if you get bothered in Hawaii:

1 Like

Ok thank you all for the info

1 Like

I normally travel with Hawaiian from KLAS - PHNL. The boarding music is very soothing to the tone of the airline. Hawaiian serves complimentary drinks, snacks, and has in board entertainment. Depending on when you fly, you will as well get lunch, dinner, or breakfast, depending what flight you take. If you decide to talk to the pilots after landing, very friendly. (The pilots I’ve flown with). Great service. However if your looking for comfort, the leg room isn’t the best … That’s the best I have.

I flew them once HNL-LAX on the A330. We upgraded to economy plus the day before the flight (so I could get a window lol) and it was actually not bad. At first, I had a pretty bad impression of it as they acted like it was something more special than it was, but as the flight went on I started to like it more. It had free entertainment (including music, something I hadn’t had in a while because I’d really only flown Norwegian leading up to that), free snacks, and even a free sandwich. The legroom was also decent and the seat was fairly comfortable. I would probably choose them over most other airlines now, but like I said, that was on the A330, which they don’t fly from LIH-HNL lol. I would assume the 717 isn’t anything to be excited about, as it is an older aircraft model configured with HAL to fly flights that are about an hour at the longest. I wouldn’t expect many free items (except water and possibly snack mix) nor would I expect much legroom or a very comfortable seat.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.