First Southwest Airlines flight to Maui! (from KOAK)

As some of you might know, Southwest Airlines just launched nonstop service from various California airports to Hawaii. Today specifically, the airline began service between KOAK (Oakland) and PHOG (Maui). In honor of this, as the actual real-world flight took place, I completed the same flight simultaneously on IF!

Took off from KOAK at approximately 4:30pm EST and arrived at 10:00pm EST (note that these times are EST, not PDT). Route flown (same as SW#5160) was:

KOAK 3743N/12213W CINNY ALANN ADUMM GITLE DIALO DUSAC DRAYK DENNS DEKUM HAIKU HOMAI COEST HARPO PHOG

Had a great flight! Above is a screenshot of when I landed at PHOG (softest landing I’ve ever made on IF). Hopefully someday I can actually take one of these flights.

36 Likes

nice one…

1 Like

Awesome, glad to have Southwest in Hawaii especially Maui. Can’t wait for their interisland flights to start. I’ve heard they be using Dash8 for those flights. I wonder if IF will have Southwest Dash8 soon.

1 Like

Umm Southwest has NO dash 8s on order and will be using their 737s for inter island flights.

3 Likes

I hope I get the chance to go to Hawaii now that my airline is flying there

1 Like

Does anybody have a real life Photo

1 Like

Check out Southwest’s Twitter. They posted an actual photo yesterday when the 737 landed. I would here but it won’t allow me yet.

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks for the correction

2 Likes

So excited Southwest is expanding their service in/to Hawaii!!

2 Likes

Beautiful shot, I would love to see more pictures of your flights!

1 Like

did u butter?

2 Likes

Stay tuned!

1 Like

So am I That is in a 737-800

1 Like

Thanks for posting that!

Anytime I guess !