First Solo!

I DID IT!

After months of hard work I completed my first solo flight yesterday! It was an amazing experience being up alone without my instructor. I set up a GoPro to capture the flight and the cockpit audio and threw together a short minute-long edit which you can find here.

Special thanks to all the pilots/controllers and everybody else on here who have supported my flight training and shared some advice along the way. Now time to start cross countries!

69 Likes

Congrats, Chris! Love the video! Welcome to the club. It’s a huge milestone with hopefully mane more to come!

2 Likes

Congrats Chris!!! Huge milestone!

4 Likes

Congratulations! I’m currently doing my ppl as well and I loved when I went solo! It’s an incredible experience and I’m glad that you had a fantastic experience. It will be something that you will never forget.

1 Like

Congratulations!

What camera did you use (for the pictures)?

1 Like

Honestly that’s amazing, to complete your first flight, truly an achievement

1 Like

Amazing! Hope to get there one day:)

btw that 3rd photo is a killer :)

3 Likes

Thanks! My brother took these shots on his T3i w/ 70-200.

1 Like

I’m envious of you man, congratulations! I need to get my solo done too.

1 Like

Congrats mate!

1 Like

Congratulations! I should get to solo when I turn 16, I’m so ready for the amazing time. Looks like you had lots of fun. Congrats again :)

1 Like

That looks like a lot of fun yesterday I got to go for my first flight with my instructor and I hope to someday get to your level and complete my first solo:)

1 Like

Felt like my I did my first solo last week and I just passed my checkride a couple days ago. You’ll have your ppl in no time flat

1 Like

I gotta admit, that video brought a smile to my face 😄

We’re all very proud of you! Keep up the great work!

1 Like

Very well done. We are all rooting for you.😁😁

1 Like

Don’t hope, do!

2 Likes

Congratulations remember doing mine was great enjoy getting your licence and all the adventures-they are great!

1 Like

Congrats buddy great video

1 Like

Cool video! You look like your enjoying yourself.

1 Like

Huge congrats! Today I learned that feeling as well. It is something amazing to solo and I am glad to see so many others soloing right when I did.

1 Like