First JetBlue Airbus A220 Revealed - New Tail Design

JetBlue’s first Airbus A220-300 has rolled out of the paint shop.

JetBlue’s first Airbus A220 has been revealed and it features a new tail design - “Hops”.

This is the first of 70 Airbus A220-300s JetBlue currently has on order. These are set to replace the airline’s aging Embraer 190 aircraft.

This first JetBlue A220 with the test registration C-GPJH is expected to be delivered by the end of this year. Seven more will be delivered in 2021 and eight will be delivered in 2022.

No routes have been confirmed, but CEO Robert Hayes suggested the A220 could operate on JetBlue’s Boston to Washington DCA shuttle route.

Additionally, the A220-300 is perfect for some thinner transcontinental routes JetBlue has been launching lately.

Image Credits

https://twitter.com/PhilipStewartNY/status/1318191933806776320

And of course, if you’d like to see the A220 in Infinite Flight, vote here

What are your thoughts on JetBlue’s first A220 and the new tail design?

52 Likes

Oooh, those blue engine cowlings look 🥵

12 Likes

Beauty. Just incredible!

1 Like

I’m excited to see the interior, which I hope will come soon; knowing that the plane is supposed to launch by the end of 2020

the a220 is a true beauty… and now with jetblue it’s better!

1 Like

Those blue cowling engines tho

2 Likes

Oh man, as a huge JetBlue fan, I can’t wait for this!!!

Been spoiled with all these new tailfins this year. Can’t wait to see what they do for the A321XLR in a few years.

1 Like

That wave on the tail! 😍 Also that yellow paint on the wings make it look beautiful!

1 Like

Also, it looks like they have a

Leaked Seat Map

4 Likes

I absolutely despise the A220, but I think that this livery is actually cool. Never seen blue engine cowlings or orange wing leading edges.

2 Likes

I don’t know if the orange is staying, it may just be tape.
But again, what do I know

1 Like

I don’t like the orange and blue. Looks tacky and out of place.
I am excited that they are getting new aircraft though

1 Like

That’s what I thought at first, looks like the orange is temporary. Hopefully

1 Like

@CaptainZac @Jacob_Layton

Orange is just for maintenance and applying the paint. It won’t stay. But this livery is sweet 💙 I think it’s Mint to Be in the JetBlue fleet.

okay i will leave

4 Likes

The orange looked really ugly on it. I’m excited for this new plane, its bluetiful

2 Likes

Get out. 😂

2 Likes

My joke: Am I a joke to you
Me: that’s why you are a joke
My joke: wait…
Me: ayyy

1 Like

One more angle:

1 Like

Good to know I wasn’t the only person who’s eyes were drawn to that. Especially in the head on it’s very unique, really like it.

1 Like

Those engine cowlings and tail design are looking FREEEESHHHHH